• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Mastercard v/s Infinia Visa | Which one is better? How to Migrate?

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi have been recently got upgraded from hdfc regalia first (MC ) to infinia and card already delivered,
however, that infinia is also being issues on mastercard world. i was wondering :
1. Is it better to have Mc infinia or Visa infinia ? any additional benifit of one over other ?
2. One problem with MC infinia , i can see is they cant issue add-on card due to RBI ban,
so if due to that reason if we want to go with visa infinia , then how can we do same ? is it something very easy for RM to do , or even custom care can do ? any criteria ?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Hi have been recently got upgraded from hdfc regalia first (MC ) to infinia and card already delivered,
however, that infinia is also being issues on mastercard world. i was wondering :
1. Is it better to have Mc infinia or Visa infinia ? any additional benifit of one over other ?
2. One problem with MC infinia , i can see is they cant issue add-on card due to RBI ban,
so if due to that reason if we want to go with visa infinia , then how can we do same ? is it something very easy for RM to do , or even custom care can do ? any criteria ?
You can ask your RM and send a mail directly to credit card wing of HDFC to change the variant. As per my knowledge, they do, then you can apply for add ons

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You can't get any new MCs in India now. If you want additional/add-on cards, you have to go for Visa, there's no other option.

Did you get a MC variant Infinia? 🧐
Yes, to my wonder they issued MC varient infinia,
I think that ban is for new customers and not for upgrades.

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You can ask your RM and send a mail directly to credit card wing of HDFC to change the variant. As per my knowledge, they do, then you can apply for add ao

You can ask your RM and send a mail directly to credit card wing of HDFC to change the variant. As per my knowledge, they do, then you can apply for add ons
So it should be easy to do right? Or its again just false efforts and then they come back saying its not approved for visa conversation?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Now that's interesting. If that's the case, I wonder why they also won't give add one in MC variant, in that case.

Personally, I prefer MC to Visa.
Add-ons are cards with the name of people who hadn't had them earlier, so it's the new customer. Upgrade happens on existing customer. It's that simple

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Now that's interesting. If that's the case, I wonder why they also won't give add one in MC variant, in that case.

Personally, I prefer MC to Visa.
Even i prefer MC,
They are issuing add-ons also if they were issued to previous card, i.e if they belong to existing add-on list of ur card.
So in short, no new add-on members, but existing ones will also upgrade if you upgrade.

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had the same issue. Wanted an add on card. Called up the customer care just some time back and mentioned that I cannot apply via netbanking due to the MC ban.
The guy immediately offered to change the franchisee from MC to Visa.
The request to change franchisee can be given over the call itself and one can expect the new Visa card in 7 days.
After that the procedure to apply for add on via netbanking is simple enough.

That got me thinking about vaguely hearing a discussion on the benefits of MC Infinia over the Visa version on the space today.
I hadn't been paying attention so here I am....back again.

The pros/cons of holding a MC Infinia vis a vis a Visa Infinia?

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I had the same issue. Wanted an add on card. Called up the customer care just some time back and mentioned that I cannot apply via netbanking due to the MC ban.
The guy immediately offered to change the franchisee from MC to Visa.
The request to change franchisee can be given over the call itself and one can expect the new Visa card in 7 days.
After that the procedure to apply for add on via netbanking is simple enough.

That got me thinking about vaguely hearing a discussion on the benefits of MC Infinia over the Visa version on the space today.
I hadn't been paying attention so here I am....back again.

The pros/cons of holding a MC Infinia vis a vis a Visa Infinia?
Its just that apart from PP lounge , one can also use its provider (MC/visa) loung, which in case of MC ia better India .
Further out of India acceptance of MC over visa, thus overall does it makes sense to saty with MC or to switch to visa.

cherryj1988

TF Select
Personally I've seen more offers out there for Visa Infinity program (which is the variant you will get for Visa Infinia card) than anything specific for having a MC. Other than that its just the lounges from what i know

cherryj1988

TF Select
Does MC also have types like Visa?
Yes. How visa has classic, gold , signature, infinity. Need to lookup on mastercard's variants though.
But as of now, i've not seen a single offer stating its for a specific MC variant. But I often see offers on sites like bookmyshow for visa infinity. Better offers than what ur 1+1 cards would offer lol

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Put in a request for conversion from MC to Visa today. They said I should have the card in a week or so.
Then apply for the add on cards....which should take another 10 odd days.
The card number of the add on card remains the same as the primary cardholder's card.

nitrogenSingh

TF Premier
TF Family
Hi paras, i saw that you have been upgraded from from regalia First to infinia, can you please tell how much was is your limit and after how long was this upgrade was offered?

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
@nitrogenSingh same old school funda , by doing following :
1. Existing Credit limit of >=8 lack
2. past 6 month credit card transaction >= 8lack
3. Then after above two are met , send CC upgrade form to Chennai office , and in 4-5 days it was upgraded.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Had gotten formal communication of 8 lakhs limit from HDFC for Infinia upgrade. They are not mentioning any spend for me. Maybe I have already met it. 😄
scrnshot.png

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
regalia is also issued as mastercard world and infinia is also mc world variant. why is infinia not mc world elite. so it makes more sense to go for infinia as visa infinite imo.