• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Metal vs Magnus for Burgundy Sep 2024 (What's the difference)

I didn't went in discussion regarding DCB, he said uske liye bhi FD Karwavo toh mil jayega, and instantly it stuck me if by doing FD i can Infinia also, why inquire more about DCB, Directly just ask for Infinia only, don't give them option of DCB only.
I was interested because I reached out to nearest branch which just opened 2 years ago. and by the looks I don't think this branch has a lot of business due to the area being remote and a main branch of the city is just 3KM away. ( The process manager himself told me that the main branch has stolen a lot of business from them. LoL)

I had a discussion in length with the BM. To summarise. I asked him I want infinia metal and I don't mind paying for it. If not I want DCB metal FYF. he said he'll try his best to get approval from cluster head and process at least DCB metal if not Infinia.

I wanted to take a confirmation in writing but I just let be because I really am in a need for savings account and I lost complete trust in Axis due to a recent issue I had.

So I had opened a savings gold account and the cheque has cleared just a couple of hours ago.

The process manager has sent an email detailing my case BM. I just reached out to BM and he informed me he had approved it from his side and recommended for further approval.

I don't have high hopes for it. as BM mentioned in previous cases they have taken FDs to process these. will make a clear thread if I am successful in procuring the card. I just don't want to see any axis application on my mobile.

If you have 30L to park in FD then I would suggest you wait till Infinia Reserve rolls out and try to get that with this.

1. If you have to choose one choose Magnus
2. If you have to block 30L for Infinia, dont do it
3. For free or just annual fee Infinia is worth it in addition to Magnus as you will be able to at least get more than the benefits in terms of smartbuy or add-on card infinite lounge (without any spend requirement bs)

Also Magnus inherently has always got a risk to become shittier as it is an axis product and you can always trust axis to mess up things....so if you have an option today for Infinia and decline it coz of magnus....tomorrow if/when magnus is shitty there is a chance that you might not have the option of infinia

I didn't went into discussion regarding DCB, he said uske liye bhi FD Karwana padega toh mil jayega, and instantly it stuck me, if I am doing FD only, i can concentrate on Infinia also, why inquire more about DCB, Directly just ask for Infinia only, don't give them option of DCB only.

I thought getting Infinia via FD route was stopped last year. Is your RM/BM making an exception for FD based Infinia?

I thought getting Infinia via FD route was stopped last year. Is your RM/BM making an exception for FD based Infinia?
That was lien against FD. in OPs case BM and RM are asking FD to complete their targets and providing him infinia in return

That was lien against FD. in OPs case BM and RM are asking FD to complete their targets and providing him infinia in return
Overall banking in India is currently facing problem with deposits, deposit growth is slower then loan growth.

Everyone is investing in MF and other instruments, which gives better returns.

Hence might be a case where they have offered Infinia on FD.

And just a reminder they have promised, I usually do not trust bank promises. hence I have agreed to open account and make a FD.

Then he said it will take them 15 days to get all the approvals in place for Infinia and then process my Infinia.

Still I don't take them at face value, when I get it approved and delivered is when I will be sure of it.

I have told before hand only, even to the branch manager, if they are not able to manage Infinia, I will be closing everything in December 24.

Last edited:
Is it common to get 2 application no for same card in hdfc( applied for infinia through rm). In sms i received different number and when i call customer care the automated call gives me different number. Both status is INPROCESS

Did you guys check latest update
Axis literally closed it GyFTR Program with GyFTR Coins.

From 9.6% return on Amazon voucher in form of Airmiles completly
Now, we will only get 0.5% GyFTR Coins.
GyFTR Coins.... Like the hell was Axis People thinking.

Now, I honestly feel, Infinia is required for sure.
Axis can and will more devaluation drop every 6 months

Next in line for devaluation is Travel edge Portal.

Yes, this happened more than a week or last week. There are a few posts about this on the forum too.

Thread on the same topic.

Hello Friends,

I already have Axis Magnus for Burgundy LTF as my daily use card.

I fortunately came across some good contact in HDFC Bank, so far I have zero relationship with HDFC Bank except Millennia CC, he promised on opening saving account and just doing FD of 30 lacs, he will 100% be able to get approval for Infinia, even HDFC BM promised same to me. Tho Infinia won't be LTF, I would have to pay 12.5k + GST as joining and annual fees.

Paying Joining fees is not an issue.

But, I need your all honest opinion should I consider getting Infinia also.

What is something different that Infinia brings to the table.

I seriously could not find any proper discussion between HDFC Infinia and Axis Magnus 4 Burgundy (LTF)

My spend is around 1 lac per month.

How should I manage my expenses

Thank you in advance.

isse better deal to my BM is giving. 1,5 lakhs ka insurance for 5 years :p atleast wont have to block 30 lakhs

M4B is mainly useful to people who can make use of Air miles or Hotel points.
For reward earning point of view (assuming 1 Air mile is equivalent to 1 INR):
1. Air Ticket - Infinia 16.6% (smartbuy) and M4B 24% (traveledge)
2. Hotel booking - Infinia 33% (smartbuy) and M4B 24% (traveledge)
3. Vouchers (amazon, flipkart, big basket etc), infinia gives 16.6% vs M4B - regular 4.8% miles (Now that giftedge is useless after GyftrCoins)
4. For months where one can spend big money > 1.5L , M4B is more useful due to AEP of 14% miles
5. Infinia has limit of 15000 bonus rewards per month for smartbuy.
6. M4B has limit of spending INR 200000 per month on traveledge.
7. M4B now has a limit that max 200000 ER points can be transferred in a year to some good airlines (turkish, accor, qatar etc). Airindia, flying blue has much higher limit of 800000 per year.

None are useful for tax payment/fuel. I get points in small insurance payment from infinia. Unsure if M4B gives points on insurance. Utilities I use amazon pay voucher from smartbuy.

If one cannot use miles/points and prefers to buy flight tickets or book hotel for whatever reasons (indigo, big family, last minute booking etc), infinia rewards are more useful (1 reward = 1 INR). If one can use miles/points then M4B is generally preferred.

For most people using miles for flight booking is difficult in my opinion.
I have both cards and I use mainly air miles from M4B for international vacations and infinia rewards for domestic late bookings.

For spending money, smartbuy till 15000 is preferred with infinia. Regular spends mostly goes to M4B. If I can hit > 1.5L in a month, M4B is no brainer for me in that month.

Hope it helps.

Overall banking in India is currently facing problem with deposits, deposit growth is slower then loan growth.

Everyone is investing in MF and other instruments, which gives better returns.

Hence might be a case where they have offered Infinia on FD.

And just a reminder they have promised, I usually do not trust bank promises. hence I have agreed to open account and make a FD.

Then he said it will take them 15 days to get all the approvals in place for Infinia and then process my Infinia.

Still I don't take them at face value, when I get it approved and delivered is when I will be sure of it.

I have told before hand only, even to the branch manager, if they are not able to manage Infinia, I will be closing everything in December 24.
Yeah I got it. even I don't trust bank with their promises. but I needed to open an HDFC account urgently so I did. If branch manager is not able to provide me with the card. I'll wait for pre approved ones.

any idea how long it'll take to get pre approved cards from HDFC? after account opening

isse better deal to my BM is giving. 1,5 lakhs ka insurance for 5 years :p atleast wont have to block 30 lakhs

Similar experience with me.. So from asking me to invest in a ulip almost a year ago, now my RM says Infinia can be done with a similar insurance investment of 1-2 lac every year for 5 years.
Seems like they are relaxing the Infinia requirements.

Similar experience with me.. So from asking me to invest in a ulip almost a year ago, now my RM says Infinia can be done with a similar insurance investment of 1-2 lac every year for 5 years.
Seems like they are relaxing the Infinia requirements.

It appears they have taken Infinia criteria, I think they are making ways for Infinia Reserve now.

All HNI will have Infinia as option and all UHNI will be provided Infinia Reserve, so they are currently increasing their Infinia base.