• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Upgrade Struggles

Hello,

I have been an HDFC customer (Preferred banking with salary account) for close to 7 years and have been holding a DCP card. I already meet salary criteria (>3L) and my credit limit with DCP is > 10L. I dont use this card much though as it has a low rewards ratio. For this reason, I have raised multiple card upgrade requests to my RM, escalated with their credit card department, followed the approach recommended on Technofino(mailing grievance redressal) and yet they have declined it every single time!

At this point I am so frustrated with HDFC that I am not sure if I should continue banking with them. To the experienced audience here, i want to ask on what are my possible options?

a) Should I switch to Axis Burgundy (and request Magnus) OR
b) close my DCP credit card + request for upgrade to Imperia banking and then try for new Infinia(instead of upgrade) in few months?

P.S. I have gone through the majority of threads on Infinia and tried all that has been recommended (atleast I think so 😊)

Thanks!

I would suggest to upgrade to DCB first. It would require 4 lakh spends in last 6 months. DCB rewards are good so you can spend the remaining 3.5 lakh using DCB. Then ask for infinia upgrade.

I started with millenia, upgraded to DCP then spent 4 lakhs in 2 months and upgraded to DCB.
Currently, I am using Atlas as my spends mostly are on travel. But if Atlas is devalued I will start using DCB and ask for Infinia upgrade.

Last edited:
Hi guys, kind of jumping into the thread instead of a creatong new one for below queries if anyone can answer..
- I have DCB currently with 4.69L limit and that is shared with tata neu infinity. Both are LTF

I understand that for upgrade to infinia we need to have higher Credit limit of 10L. What if I can spend more than 8L in 6 month but since my limit is 4.69L, will hdfc be able to upgrade it to infinia? Or both Credit limit and spends need to be satisfied..? Anyone had same scenario?

Also, spends on DCB are a bit hard and I can easily spend 8L on inifnity card(since its visa).. would Hdfc be able to consider spend of neu inifnity and upgrade my dcb to infinia? Or inifnity to infinia?

I was able to get Infinia with Imperia banking. No prior HDFC relationship, Salary 2.5L. Tried negotiating for LTF but RM mentioned no more LTF on infinia cards. Checked with CC team as well. The max they are offering LTF is on regalia gold it seems.
Imperia based on salary or balance?

Hi guys, kind of jumping into the thread instead of a creatong new one for below queries if anyone can answer..
- I have DCB currently with 4.69L limit and that is shared with tata neu infinity. Both are LTF

I understand that for upgrade to infinia we need to have higher Credit limit of 10L. What if I can spend more than 8L in 6 month but since my limit is 4.69L, will hdfc be able to upgrade it to infinia? Or both Credit limit and spends need to be satisfied..? Anyone had same scenario?

Also, spends on DCB are a bit hard and I can easily spend 8L on inifnity card(since its visa).. would Hdfc be able to consider spend of neu inifnity and upgrade my dcb to infinia? Or inifnity to infinia?
You are going to need more credit limit on DCB for sure. Try for LE based on Salary slips first

Also spends on the card which going to be upgraded are considered. So if you are upgrading DCB, spends on DCB will be considered.

HDFC has been little strict with these two criteria - Limit more than 8L and spends in 6 months > 7.5L on card which is to be upgraded. Few people have reported other means such as talking to RM etc.... you can try that, but success rate there is little low

I would suggest to upgrade to DCB first. It would require 4 lakh spends in last 6 months. DCB rewards are good so you can spend the remaining 3.5 lakh using DCB. Then ask for infinia upgrade.

I started with millenia, upgraded to DCP then spent 4 lakhs in 2 months and upgraded to DCB.
Currently, I am using Atlas as my spends mostly are on travel. But if Atlas is devalued I will start using DCB and ask for Infinia upgrade.
How did you manage to get your millenia upgraded?
What was your CL?
Card age?
Millenia card usage?
DCP age?
Did you produce income docs to Chennai or via email?

I was able to get Infinia with Imperia banking. No prior HDFC relationship, Salary 2.5L. Tried negotiating for LTF but RM mentioned no more LTF on infinia cards. Checked with CC team as well. The max they are offering LTF is on regalia gold it seems.
Thanks for sharing this. Did you hold any other HDFC cards prior?

And did this happen in 2023 or earlier? I feel that they have become stricter with giving Infinia this year onwards..

Thanks for sharing this. Did you hold any other HDFC cards prior?

And did this happen in 2023 or earlier? I feel that they have become stricter with giving Infinia this year onwards..
I never had Any HDFC card. This happened a month back. I made sure to confirm with the RM that i will be getting approval for the infinia card then only I will open the account in Hdfc

Yes... at the time of new account opening or new to bank customer acquisition, there is a good leverage to ask for Card. New accounts opened / new customers acquired is major KPI of RMs so they respond. After that it is quite opposite :)

Last edited:
Currently I have regalia card without having any bank account with HDFC.

After spending 6-7 lacs in 6 month , Is there any mandatory terms that I should have bank account in hdfc to get upgraded To DcB or Infinia or without having bank account i can get upgradation.

Close both cards and apply new with salary slips + ITR (If ITR>48) if U need infinia.
Calculate your expenses and see if Infinia > Magnus for Burgundy and its worth the hassle. Otherwise MFB is pretty good alternative
Do both cards need to be closed? Since Neu infinity card is RuPay - would the request be still treated as upgrade request if I retain Neu Infinity and close DCP? (checking as i have shared limit of 10L on both cards and if i close both i will lose it)

Do you have your relationship on branch channel or virtual channel ? Meaning do you connect with RM on a virtual channel or is it like a regular physical banking relationship ?
Hello,

I have been an HDFC customer (Preferred banking with salary account) for close to 7 years and have been holding a DCP card. I already meet salary criteria (>3L) and my credit limit with DCP is > 10L. I dont use this card much though as it has a low rewards ratio. For this reason, I have raised multiple card upgrade requests to my RM, escalated with their credit card department, followed the approach recommended on Technofino(mailing grievance redressal) and yet they have declined it every single time!

At this point I am so frustrated with HDFC that I am not sure if I should continue banking with them. To the experienced audience here, i want to ask on what are my possible options?

a) Should I switch to Axis Burgundy (and request Magnus) OR
b) close my DCP credit card + request for upgrade to Imperia banking and then try for new Infinia(instead of upgrade) in few months?

P.S. I have gone through the majority of threads on Infinia and tried all that has been recommended (atleast I think so 😊)

Thanks!

Back