• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 15: Who is buying? And What Credit Card Should One Use For Maximum Value Back?

cardex

TF Premier
Now that the new fruit phone is out in its 15th iteration, who'se buying it & on which card?
iPhone 15 - ₹79,900 iPhone 15 Plus - ₹89,900 iPhone 15 Pro - ₹1,34,900 iPhone 15 Pro Max - ₹1,59,900

Last edited:
My iPhone 13 is serving me well since Sep last year. Will get the 14 plus coming sale if price is right just for larger screen and better battery. Didn't like the 15 line up. Don't think they provide value over 14 line up. And 15 pro max starting at 1.6lac is a joke. Even if it's all imported and taxes etc still the price makes no sense.

What are you talking about? The launch prices are the same. And stop being such a consooooomer, do you really need the new phone?
Do some research sire, before scattering ur emotions, I hope u are in India. 15 Pro Max 256 price has increased by 10k over 14 Pro Max 256.

Whether I need iphone 15 Pro?

Needs do not drive life. Wants & Desires do!

I am currently using iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Everything was perfectly aligned & lined up:
1. 60K Flipkart Smartbuy Vouchers, purchased with 02 infinia cards over past 3 months.
2. Balance was planned with no cost emi on flipkart thru smartbuy(3X rewards granted on mothly EMI, No daily or monthly limit breach).
3. Buyer for old iPhone 14 Pro Max

But Apple disappointed with meager incremental features and also had the audacity to raise price by 10K.

Now I am confused.

Are flipkart smartbuy bonus 3X reward points are still granted, if we close No Cost EMI prematurely. Anybody tried?
I prematurely closed No Cost EMI for my Macbook on Tata Neu Infinity. HDFC granted the same rewards on the last paid amount i.e 1.5%. So yeah i think u would too receive 3x .

Guys, question included , "which card" ?😀
Back in December I purchased iPhone 14 Pro from a physical story using my Vistara Signature card. That time I only had 3 cards, Millenia, Ace and Vistara. Purchased offline as Black color wasn’t available anywhere else and I had to use my father’s GST as well.

Had it been today I would’ve used the same card only 😅. Since Magnus is Devalued, SBI Cashback has capping of 5k, so there’s no other card which will provide a better discount than this. Maybe AMEX Platinum Travel but I think Vistara Signature still provides better value

I prematurely closed No Cost EMI for my Macbook on Tata Neu Infinity. HDFC granted the same rewards on the last paid amount i.e 1.5%. So yeah i think u would too receive 3x .
After how many days of transaction you asked for No cost EMI closure?
Did hdfc readily agreed and they levied any charges?

Also did you buy the macbook from physical store or via Neu app?

Can close from mycards tab. HDFC won't revert back the GST it charged on processing fee, but other than that they return everything. Should be done in the first 30 days since the transaction(not emi conversion). No experience with neu cards but that's how it worked on my millennia.

You can manually close from mycards . Processing fees and GST won’t be reversed though. Pro rata interest from txn date will be levied . Other than that , no preclosure fees . They mention foreclosure fees as 3% but it’s never charged .

Also there are 2 types of EMI with codes MEREMI (Samsung) and OFFUS_EMI (Flipkart) . In case of OFFUS_EMI call CC and cancel the EMI , all charges will be waived except GST component on processing fees .

Pro rata interest from txn date will be levied
Have you checked whether we need to pay this or not? Bcoz I paid that amount and it just turned into extra credit for the credit card in that statement for me. Other people I have checked with also say that these pro-rata charges don't need to be paid. A friend of mine is actually running this experiment now, will update with his result after his next statement.

I’m confused about what to buy, I’m currently using iPhone 11 and perfectly satisfied but the battery is degrading. Was considering upgrading to IPhone 15 and thought I’d buy it in UK (travelling there soon) however, iPhone 15 is cheaper in India it seems. In UK, I can get IPhone 15 pro for 84k (after trade in though). I personally feel no need to have the pro version but I guess you guys could enlighten me. i don’t have any HDFC cards, only AmEx, ICICI, Axis, SBI, IDFC and RBL

Back