• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is Axis Atas the real king of all cards when it comes to travel? Possibly beat Magnus and Reserve

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
I have 3 axis card and I really love them, Best under 25k+ GST budget

1. Axis Vistara Infite- 1440% ROI
2. Axis Magnus - 2683% ROI
3. Axis Atlas - 3520% ROI ( Doesn't include Silver, Gold, Platinum Benefits) + 21333 INR Bonus benefit if done travel

The reason for not getting a reserve card is high joining fees and annual spent requirements.

So Atlas cards give 2 Points per 100 INR spent.

MCC code(Hotel, Airline, Travel Agencies etc) - Travel Category gives 5 points per 100 INR spent

So It basically gives 10 points per 200 spent as compared to reserve and Magnus its low as they give 15 and 12 respectively

Here come the transfer 10 atlas points = 20 Vistara points

if spent 15 Lakh in year = 75000 Atlas points = 75000x2= 150000 cv points

+ 20000 cv points benefit by spending 15Lakh

New Delhi to BLR Flight cost 8000 INR OR 7500 CV POINTS

So the calculation goes 170k/7500 = 181000 INR = 3520 % ROI

ROI = Net income / Cost of investment x 100.

((181000-5000)/5000) *100

Want more?

With a sufficient number of Airport services and Pickup Services the ROI goes > 3520%

Thanks Let me know What you guys think?

Here is simple calculation with 7.5 Lakh on normal spend and rewards

handwriting_20230315190841_via_10015_io.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-11 at 11.55.35 AM.png

Last edited:
You are not considering Gyftr Edge portal, GrabDeals portal and TravelEdge all these have massive multipliers which boost the points accrual from 12/200 to 480/200

You've cherry picked your argument by 5 points per 100 for specific MCCs but have not considered TravelEdge for Magnus or Reserve
surely Here I just took for a regular point per spent, You are right using Giftyr it can give 480 points per 200 INR but do you think you people will spend 1-2 Lakh rupees on gftyrr every month or more?

Also as the post specifically says for travel :) Also, the argument starts when you push your words without considering someone's opinion.

This post in the end clearly says " Let me know when you think guys" ?

surely Here I just took for a regular point per spent, You are right using Giftyr it can give 480 points per 200 INR but do you think you people will spend 1-2 Lakh rupees on gftyrr every month or more?

Also as the post specifically says for travel :) Also, the argument starts when you push your words without considering someone's opinion.

This post in the end clearly says " Let me know when you think guys" ?
Also where does 1-2L every month comes here?

Got your point
Totally respect your thoughts on spending GFTYR AND Travel edge but not sure how many people is able to take advantage of it in past month I just bought gold from tatacliq using GFTRY and nothing else.

Because even if I take amazon pay voucher the bill is only 10k nothing

If it's only travel then why not TravelEdge 5X should be considered?
Because when using Travel edge you have to have spend on Travel edge that means you are booking a real travel and spending money out of your pocket.

But in this case you just need to find any business who do under this mcc code even a small hotel will work or any hotel.
Or any cab, taxi business. You can swipe your card there and earn points without spending real money or even open a business account under MCC code of travel.

Because when using Travel edge you have to have spend on Travel edge that means you are booking a real travel and spending money out of your pocket.

But in this case you just need to find any business who do under this mcc code even a small hotel will work or any hotel.
Or any cab, taxi business. You can swipe your card there and earn points without spending real money or even open a business account under MCC code of travel.
If you are opening a business like that then do tell me

I'll spend 15L in three months

If you are opening a business like that then do tell me

I'll spend 15L in three months
I think he basically wants to get this card only for money rotation purposes.
But the bigger question is that, even if you tie up with a small hotel owner or small travel agent. how will show this income in you bank?
Jitna rewards milega usse kahi zyada tax lelegi gov tumse!
I would suggest everyone to avoid such kind of risky and tension prone schemes

I would recommend this card to anyone who has genuine spends for travel either for his business or personal use..
But doing money rotation by registering a payment gateway under that mcc, and earning rewards for that will be a stupidity in itself.
Let's assume if you succeed in this rotation trick also, then do you think Bank's won't notice your transaction of a single merchant everytime you swipe your card. It will trigger a suspicious alert in their systems, just like A FINANCIAL REVIEW get triggered in Amex systems for swiping a high amount on charge cards.
Credit is given to us by banks for genuine day to day spends depending upon the creditworthiness, but such acts would lead to a permanent ban from that particular bank itself.

Back