• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is e-PAN accepted for vKYC?

CyberPsych

TF Ace
My PAN card number is worn off in my original PAN. Since I am no longer in the original address, I have requested address change through UTI and it is successfully completed. But when I try to reprint, it says "Reprint PAN card facility will be made available shortly for the case where Address is updated through eKYC mode". One of my who faced the same error said it will take 30-45 days time (?) to be able to reprint PAN. Over that it will take 7 days (?) to deliver. So, for banking purpose like credit card, digital account opening, vKYC is mandatory and the banking pages will show "keep your original PAN with you". I have downloaded e-PAN card successfully. Even though e-PAN is as same as the original PAN, will all banks/agents accept e-PAN as valid without rejecting application? I have planned to take a print out of e-PAN and laminate it.

Attachments

• Image-44_17-10-23_12-08-05.png
    Image-44_17-10-23_12-08-05.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Image-43_17-10-23_12-03-07.jpg
    Image-43_17-10-23_12-03-07.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 65

sudheerreddy

TF Premier
Strange, I guess PAN card showed in VKYC is to verify the PAN number, your face which is same 😕 Did they say why it is not accepted?
Video Kyc Agent simply said that it is an E-Pan Card and he said it is not accepted.
I had asked him why it was not accepted?
then he said like bank internal terms......
Then he suggested me to apply for a PAN Reprint.

Most vKYC are done by lower level staff who are not aware of digilocker/e-PAN etc. So they go by what they think is right.

I has similar experience even with the passport dept where they insisted on physical adhaar (full size one or e-adhaar full color print) and physical PAN even though they were fetched from digilocker at applications stage and the acknowledgement clearly stated that for digilocker documents need not be presented for verification.

sudheerreddy

TF Premier
Most vKYC are done by lower level staff who are not aware of digilocker/e-PAN etc. So they go by what they think is right.

I has similar experience even with the passport dept where they insisted on physical adhaar (full size one or e-adhaar full color print) and physical PAN even though they were fetched from digilocker at applications stage and the acknowledgement clearly stated that for digilocker documents need not be presented for verification.
Yes I agree with you

knight

TF Ace
I don't really get the fuss about this thread.

I get it, sometimes we're not at home or may not have access to physical IDs for a limited time.. happened with me when i applied ICICI Apay. Had to to vkyc after 4 days.. was anxious throughout 4 days.

But most banks, financial institutions don't accept epan print outs for a good reason. Unless verified electronically, by OTP, such documents can be forged/stolen.
So I'm in favor of banks doing due diligence while issuing a card/loan in my name.

Infact, I'd prefer PAN or CIBIL send OTPs to verify identity like Adhaar OTP whenever such applications are submitted.

Once adhaar and pan are pulled from digilocker, they should not ask for these documents during vKYC. just capturing the photo and matching with digilocker photo and signature should be enough.
otherwise they should not ask access to digilocker and simply insist on physical documents during vKYC

sudheerreddy

TF Premier
Once adhaar and pan are pulled from digilocker, they should not ask for these documents during vKYC. just capturing the photo and matching with digilocker photo and signature should be enough.
otherwise they should not ask access to digilocker and simply insist on physical documents during vKYC
Maybe in future, hope they change their way of doing Vkyc

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
So I'm in favor of banks doing due diligence while issuing a card/loan in my name.
you think that a low level agent can differentiate between e-pan's color xerox laminated & original pan card on a video call over a 5MP camera. and this is the supposed "due diligence"?

other than electronic verification, these measures are useless & don't provide any real security. if it helps you sleep better at night, good for you.

SamPtnk

TF Ace
Even if they didn't charge you, it'd be paid from your taxes.

And then you'd be paying for a thousand others who don't pay much taxes but need PAN card.

Better pay 50 for yourself than 500 for 10 others.

Not for everyone, only free for It payers as told above

Kuch to free de do intna tax bharne ke baad

Btw everyone in India pays tax in form of GST

Sab kuch to free kar raha hai ye bhi kar deta election ka time me