• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it possible to use Make My Trip gift card for train ticket?

@Chaitanya-a How did you raise request to get MMT Signature credit card? By mail? I thought to go through Expression card method to get a ICICI LTF card. But it will be better if I get MMT card as it is free after first year fee

@Chaitanya-a How did you raise request to get MMT Signature credit card? By mail? I thought to go through Expression card method to get a ICICI LTF card. But it will be better if I get MMT card as it is free after first year fee
You have to get expression card first. After that only you can get any other card. Amazon pay card isn't eligible for any upgrades.
So place a request for Expressions card via iMobile app. Don't worry they'll reverse the fee of Expressions card after your upgradation to MMT signature card.

You have to get expression card first. After that only you can get any other card. Amazon pay card isn't eligible for any upgrades.
So place a request for Expressions card via iMobile app. Don't worry they'll reverse the fee of Expressions card after your upgradation to MMT signature card.
Thanks, what is the minimum credit limit needed for MMT Signature

I have coral ltf which is not used for anything
So will icic give me ltf MmT signature?
Is all MmT signature cards have black membership default?
Yes they'll give. ICICI is willing to give all cards of its portfolio. You can demand each and every card from them.
MMT Black exclusive membership is given complimentary for 1st year. After that, you've to meet criteria.

I used this trick to get Coral Amex card some years ago. Later I closed all cards.

Can I try this right after the card generation (before expression card delivery?) Or should I wait for some months after expression card generation?
Yes you can try asking them after card generation. Max within 1 month. No need to wait for more.

I found some instant discount on MMT Gift Cards. Anyone tried to book train tickets using MMT gift cards?

# Amazon says you can't use it
# MMT, Gyftr & Hdfc Smartbuy say you can use it to book train tickets

Do you have any idea? I have to book ticket of ₹ 5600
I was able to book train tickets a few times using MMT voucher I bought from Amazon. But applying gift card to the transaction is buggy especially on the app.

I was able to book train tickets a few times using MMT voucher I bought from Amazon. But applying gift card to the transaction is buggy especially on the app.
When i booked train tickets with MMT today, i was provided with an option to use remaining existing voucher balance. Was surprised myself. Bought mmt voucher again from amazon and paid full amount with voucher. Not sure when they will fix this bug.

When i booked train tickets with MMT today, i was provided with an option to use remaining existing voucher balance. Was surprised myself. Bought mmt voucher again from amazon and paid full amount with voucher. Not sure when they will fix this bug.
Interesting, did not work with the one I brought on SmartBuy. Maybe the one on Amazon is different.

Did u buy `make my trip gift` voucher and not holiday and hotel gift voucher? Checked in smartbuy portal, they mention train now in description too.
They mention in description, but when you receive the voucher on email, in t&c it says rail is excluded. I am now trying to utilize it for cab, otherwise just stuck with the voucher with no flight/ hotel planned in near future.

To clear this things bought 2k mmt vouchers from axis GyFTR this morning by magnus and got 1% discount with 10x ER option
Used in mmt app but its not working with any discount codes if u used in booking
I mean one way we see 10x in GyFTR but we lose those discounts near to 10%
Again on top of all I got a call from property (it’s coorg for May month) where that executive offered 10% discount on whatever mmt showed and I paid
I said let this thing go since I already paid by GyFTR voucher and some shortfall by card and I save his no for future direct bookings
Learning:
If vouchers used to checkout max 3 in one booking and no other discount codes work if we choose more than 1 mmt vouchers
As you said, we can't use bank/credit card discount coupon along with MMT gift card on payment gateway.
For example, suppose our flight booking cost is 15000 Rs then if we use bank / credit card discount coupon we will get 12% up to 1500 Rs discount. Effectively for 1500 Rs discount, 12500 Rs spend is sufficient. So if we use 2500 Rs worth MMT gift card on payment gateway page, then we can't use our respective credit card right? Anyway we will get option to add MMT gift card on payment gateway page. But don't know what will happen in next step.
But we can use MMT wallet balance along with bank/credit card discount coupon. But as per their t&c, it's not possible.
Please confirm.

Last edited:
Back