• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Credit Card Is it the right time now to get axis vistara infinite card

darshanbafna

TF Buzz
I already have magnus and atlas card. i was delaying to get vistara infinite credit card because I wanted this card gor gold tier. Should I get this card now and will i get club vistara gold tier which will migrate to air india gold giving access to star alliance gold.

I already have magnus and atlas card. i was delaying to get vistara infinite credit card because I wanted this card gor gold tier. Should I get this card now and will i get club vistara gold tier which will migrate to air india gold giving access to star alliance gold.
Is this information (Vistara to AI tier mapping) published somewhere

Some folks have already taken Vistara Infinite recently due to this exact reason.

Now is good time since there is visibility on when merger will happen. So if one gets the card in Sept, Vistara gold ---> Star alliance Gold till Sept

Some folks have already taken Vistara Infinite recently due to this exact reason.

Now is good time since there is visibility on when merger will happen. So if one gets the card in Sept, Vistara gold ---> Star alliance Gold till Sept
I am assuming you mean *A gold until Sep 2025

Last edited:
But the thing is - is Axis even offering Vistara Infinite cards as new/upgrades?
I read in the forum that only way is to upgrade other vistara cards (base/signature) to infinite variant

If one were to go only by the official communication received,

1. There is nothing on automatic transition to Air India Gold just by holding the VI card.

2. Clarity is still awaited on future of co branded cards (+ possibly its associated benefits).

I would wait and watch or speak and confirm.

Attachments

• IMG_5207.webp
    IMG_5207.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5208.webp
    IMG_5208.webp
    35 KB · Views: 34
If one were to go only by the official communication received,

1. There is nothing on automatic transition to Air India Gold just by holding the VI card.

2. Clarity is still awaited on future of co branded cards (+ possibly its associated benefits).

I would wait and watch or speak and confirm.
Current Vistara status will continue to be AI status until expiry… for renewal, new Air India rules will apply

Current Vistara status will continue to be AI status until expiry… for renewal, new Air India rules will apply
I think it depends on how one reads/ reads between the lines from the first attachment of my previous message,

Or has there been any other official communication or customer care update confirming the status carry forward?

I think it depends on how one reads/ reads between the lines from the first attachment of my previous message,

Or has there been any other official communication or customer care update confirming the status carry forward?
Why do we need to read between the lines?

It is clearly mentioned that "You will be able to at least maintain current club Vistara status or get upgraded if you qualify based on cumulative points" - So it clearly states that Vistara Gold --> AI gold or Vistara Silver ---> AI silver

Co branded cards is a totally different topic on which clarity is yet to emerge, but once you get Gold via Co branded card, status remains for one year and it has nothing to do with Co branded card once account is upgraded

Why do we need to read between the lines?

It is clearly mentioned that "You will be able to at least maintain current club Vistara status or get upgraded if you qualify based on cumulative points" - So it clearly states that Vistara Gold --> AI gold or Vistara Silver ---> AI silver

Co branded cards is a totally different topic on which clarity is yet to emerge, but once you get Gold via Co branded card, status remains for one year and it has nothing to do with Co branded card once account is upgraded
That's because the wording about cumulative points and the commas, can be inferred differently.

This from air india website is clearer.

We will be able to maintain current tier.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 12.59.09 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 12.59.09 PM.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 12
AI Gold is 30k Tier points which is about 5L in spend
Vistara gold is 25k tier points (don't know what spending it takes, assuming less than AI. Maybe someone can quantity this?)

Given this, I am not sure if they will go tier matching by name (gold to gold) or not

Also, how do I apply?

When I go to the app and click apply it shows my existing card (Olympus) and on clicking apply it shows me a list of pre approved cards which doesn't include VI

I applied thru Axis website and got the following SMS

Thank you for applying for an Axis Bank Credit Card. Our executive will connect with you to fulfill KYC requirements of your residential address.

Not sure if it means approved pending formality or the processing actually starts after KYC

You can upgrade by calling axis customer support
Thanks, but I am trying to get another card, not change Olympus to VI.

Will customer service issue an additional card without closing the current card. I don't need more limit, my limit on Olympus is decent.

Back