• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is SBI SimplyClick Still Worth it?

SmartSave

TF Premier
I currently hold SBI Ola Money CC that I had taken when it was newly launched. Made good use of it when I was actively using Ola Cabs but not much now.

SBI has been advertising their 2 pre-approved CCs to me. One was BPCL and another SimplyClick. I read SimplyClick is good for various online offers (I shop online mostly, but I also hold FK Axis and Apay ICICI CCs).

I went ahead and took the SimplyClick card already. But now I realized it could just be a mistake considering there's CB card that seems much better?

What you think? Should I go ahead and cancel this before I activate or just start using it (if it's still worthy?) and then swap Ola Money CC with CB as I plan to close Ola CC eventually.

I currently hold SBI Ola Money CC that I had taken when it was newly launched. Made good use of it when I was actively using Ola Cabs but not much now.

SBI has been advertising their 2 pre-approved CCs to me. One was BPCL and another SimplyClick. I read SimplyClick is good for various online offers (I shop online mostly, but I also hold FK Axis and Apay ICICI CCs).

I went ahead and took the SimplyClick card already. But now I realized it could just be a mistake considering there's CB card that seems much better?

What you think? Should I go ahead and cancel this before I activate or just start using it (if it's still worthy?) and then swap Ola Money CC with CB as I plan to close Ola CC eventually.
Yeah Cashback Card is way better than SimplyClick if you are ready to pay a fees of Rs.1000/- and Gst and worth it.
I don't think SBI cards will allow you to swap the card to Cashback card, so you gotta negotiate with them.
Heads up, Cashback card is not eligible for discounts during offers. It only gives flat 5% on online transactions with certain exceptions.
So, I recommend along with CB card, keep a regular SBI Card too for discounts.

Yeah Cashback Card is way better than SimplyClick if you are ready to pay a fees of Rs.1000/- and Gst and worth it.
I don't think SBI cards will allow you to swap the card to Cashback card, so you gotta negotiate with them.
Heads up, Cashback card is not eligible for discounts during offers. It only gives flat 5% on online transactions with certain exceptions.
So, I recommend along with CB card, keep a regular SBI Card too for discounts.
Yeah, I don't mind paying the AF. Thanks for the heads up, interesting point I didn't know 😳

Perhaps, I can keep this SC card for offers period (Turn this into LTF later) and CB for off period usage (although it still won't be my primary card obviously) and drop the Ola card.

Also, when I said swap, I actually meant just close Ola card and apply for CB card. I know practically swapping isn't possible.

Appreciate your input 🙏

Reactions: SSV
Yes, if you want Sbi card, SBI cashback is the bast card if you are agreed to pay 1000 annual fees. Plus you always need any Regular SBI cards to grab instant discounts if you shop during sales. So keep that card lowest fees possible. And some have annual fee waiver of 1L. So this type of combination of 2 cards of SBI is really beneficial

i totally against SBI CB..I have 100 of cases where cashback was refused due to MCC issues
Even on amazon shopping people are not getting cashback

SBI CB can be easily replaced by HDFC Swiggy card with lesser price

Less headache then SBI CB
This is true. But in swiggy hdfc card, you don't have any cashback. It's credited in swiggy wallet. And you can only order food with that. It's another headache

So I placed a request to close Ola Money card and the retention team guy is like you have lifetime free offer which usually others don't get (I know it's a lie), so he activated that, then told me he'll also reverse this year's AF which was already paid (but it was also already reversed due to spend criteria) + raised a limit enhancement request. lol

So I guess I'm gonna continue to keep this card until I find a better one and then make SC card LTF before closing Ola card later for something better.

Posting because it is relevant thread:

What does that little 'yono' icon at the top right mean for the bottom two credit cards i.e., SimplyClick, SimplySave, when applying through Yono mobile app. Refer to the attached screenshot. Are these pre-approved or something similar?

Already hold Cashback card.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231206-003928.png
    Screenshot_20231206-003928.png
    108.4 KB · Views: 64
Back