• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is UPI Circle (Delegate Payments) the next big turning point of UPI?

CCNoob_26

TF Neo
Linkedin and the internet in general seems to be buzzing with NPCI's new launch - UPI Circle (Delegate Payments).

For those not in the loop, delegate payments allows a 'primary' (someone with a bank account) to link upto 5 'secondaries' (you can become a secondary on any UPI app WITHOUT linking your bank account). The secondary can then make payments using the primary's account for upto Rs 15,000 a month. There are talks that they will soon enable this for credit cards too, which will basically allow you to get an "add on" for your credit through your UPI app.

A lot of apps are already planning to launch it very soon. Do you think it could be a useful feature in your day to day? I really feel it could take off.

Linkedin and the internet in general seems to be buzzing with NPCI's new launch - UPI Circle (Delegate Payments).

For those not in the loop, delegate payments allows a 'primary' (someone with a bank account) to link upto 5 'secondaries' (you can become a secondary on any UPI app WITHOUT linking your bank account). The secondary can then make payments using the primary's account for upto Rs 15,000 a month. There are talks that they will soon enable this for credit cards too, which will basically allow you to get an "add on" for your credit through your UPI app.

A lot of apps are already planning to launch it very soon. Do you think it could be a useful feature in your day to day? I really feel it could take off.
Great initiative by npci … yeah it will be very beneficial… good for students like me who can pay using their parents cc 😂

IMO yes. I had to open a famapp account for my sister before she was 18, just for UPI. Most banks have heavy restrictions on minor accounts, like no UPI, or max withdrawal limits on a Daily, Monthly AND yearly basis. UPI circle is removing most complications with giving minors or elderly access to digital payments.

They are imposing GST on payments below 2000 Rs....I don't think that merchants will use UPI as we already saw that they have disabled rupay credit card option....Secondly, UPI circle will be failed initiative as INDIA is a low trust society therefore, hardly anyone will use UPI circle except those who don't have any other option

What I believe is, it may not be as successful as the UPI launch. It will go the "Rupay CC link with UPI" way. As frauds are already increasing, I, for one, won't become someone's secondary or make someone my secondary.

They are imposing GST on payments below 2000 Rs....I don't think that merchants will use UPI as we already saw that they have disabled rupay credit card option....Secondly, UPI circle will be failed initiative as INDIA is a low trust society therefore, hardly anyone will use UPI circle except those who don't have any other option
Only for Card transactions and RuPay CC on UPI MDR is free under 2k.

UPI Circle is for bank acc link UPI, which is 100% FREE.

Free chizo pe GST thorai lagte hai. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last thing, News update :

Decision on 18% GST for transactions under Rs 2,000 delayed, referred to fitment committee​

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...d-referred-to-fitment-committee-12817619.html

@Abhishek012 - please address this issue ASAP
If you study all of humanity, you’ll realize that whenever we humans advance in technology, there's always a challenge for both the present and older generations to understand.

So, do we stop advancing in technology? No, right?

Some people may face fraud, but the next generation will at least be born smarter.

This is the truth about our entire humanity.

I believe it won't be as big as the original UPI itself but it might end up becoming the next thing after that overtaking RuPay CC on UPI, UPI Lite and Wallet UPI.

As so many others before me have said, kids and teenagers often have cellphones and have a need for daily expenses (bus, rickshaw, taxi, trains, snacks etc). So, this is perfect for them. Imagine a generation that grew up scanning QR codes for payments. For this generation, UPI might become synonymous with money!

Has this actually started or still a press release only? If yes,, which app supports it right now?
Also, any of the wallets allow opening and operation of Wallet-UPI by minors (>10/>15)
Right now, I have a fabmoney (peppermoney) card in my name that is used by my teenaged child but it restricts to only places where card is accepted. So direct UPI would be great.

Has this actually started or still a press release only? If yes,, which app supports it right now?
Also, any of the wallets allow opening and operation of Wallet-UPI by minors (>10/>15)
Right now, I have a fabmoney (peppermoney) card in my name that is used by my teenaged child but it restricts to only places where card is accepted. So direct UPI would be great.
Correct. Indeed this is the use case for this.

It is currently in beta testing at least on GPay. And if GPay is doing it then PhonePe and PayTM won't be far behind. I suspect it should be out in a couple of months.

Someone told POPclub UPI app have UPI circle option (not verified).

Back