• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iScore ICICI - impact on pre-approved offers and credit & loan Limits

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
iScore by ICICI

This discussion is to understand what is an iScore by ICICI which appears in iMobile App under " Discove" tab for SB account holders
its impact on pre-approved offers and their limits..​

What is iScore?

iScore is an internal/proprietary score score provided by ICICI Bank to its customers, on the basis of their transactions in the physical and digital world.
Before we go on to the details of how it is calculated , let us see its uses from customer perspective based on my observations:

1) iScore - its impact on Credit card pre approved offers
( Very minor role as of now, but could play a considerable role in future)..

iScore is not playing a siginificatnt role in triggering pre-approved credit card offers yet.. but in future it may be considered with some greate importance depending upon how ICICI wants to take this forward ..
I found only one instance where low iScore had resulted in no pre-approved offers for a customer.. ..in the following case..
complete details are here in this thread..

What it essentially means, iScore is playing some part in triggering pre-approved CC offers , albiet a very minor role as of now..

1719056604596.png

2) Significant role in Crdit limits on products like Credit card, Home Loan, Personal Loan , Auto loan etc.

This is where the plot thickens.. I have found quite a significant co-relation between iScore and limits offered on various Credit / Loan products ..
The higher the iScore the higher the limits offered.....

3) Essentially iScore is useful for limits offered on differnt pre-approved loans largely and to credit card limits to some extent ...

Now.. We will go into the academics of iScore,
What is an iScore, how it is built, how to improve, what are the different slabs, etc..
Here I am providing allt he screenshots of these FAQ's taken directly from iMobile App...
It is quite easy to understand...

Some basic details of iSocre..

1) This is available under " Discover " tab in iMobile app.
2) The customer had to hold a SB account to see thid option
3) In the first screen it will show your score..
4) You will find a button there to find out " how to improve your iScore?" .. these options are customized according to the cutomer's current profile..
Basically they want us to use thier different ICICI products..

Tip: Try to use as many products as possible with the least amount of cashoutflow.. the trick is we need to use different prodcuts offerd by ICICI and make sure they are not forced spending on our part. and still try to cover maxmium products with least amuont of outflow..
for eg. regularly we can use some token pre-paid recharge ( load Rs10 into mobile's main balance), a few payments thru QR scan etc...
This way I kept my iScore at 90 at one point of time...
Like this you can find your own spend types..

You can find your iScore( for SBA holders) under " Discover " in iMobile App..
Scroll down to the bottom in the " Discover" tab.

1719062857500.png

1719058719753.png

1719058178928.png

1719058216893.png

Now FAQ's part

1719058517445.png

1719058547905.png

1719058331401.png

1719058361707.png

1719058388396.png

My Old iScore Screeshot: found in this thread..

1719058864600.png

My Pre-approved credit limits offered on different loans based on my

1) 24L income recorded as per ICICI records
2) current iScore of 80, ( before 90)

1. Home Loan : 95L
2. Auto Loan : 50L
3. Two Wheeler Loan: 4.10 L
4.Loan against Property : 80L
5. Loan against comeercial property: 80L

1719060174352.png

1719060315295.png

Now, Let us do some collobarative research on this topic to establish some facts based on my above observations...
Share your profile, iScore, your pre approved offers, its limits etc.. your expereince and observations ..

I believe , this will definitely help in understanding how ICICI triggers its pre-approved offers and limits going into the future...

Imprtant Note: If you have very high income (ITR) and a very good CIBIL, and have availed decent amount of credit products from ICICI, then iScore's role is negligible in your pre-approved Credit card offers.. Actually some of these factors will contirbute to the high iScore itself and there by good offers...

Last edited:

vine

TF Premier
Interesting to know.
Probably all banks have some kind of score/rating internally.
I have wealth account, and regular banking is smooth.
IMO, If ICICI had half-decent cards/products/offers, then it would be good for us too.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Interesting to know.
Probably all banks have some kind of score/rating internally.
I have wealth account, and regular banking is smooth.
IMO, If ICICI had half-decent cards/products/offers, then it would be good for us too.

Correct.. ICICI cards are not that lucrative from rewards on spends perspective .. but they have different strategy as far as CCs are concerned..
about regular banking and different loans they have some standard practices.. ..
What I found about ICICI is they have some stability in their banking / loan products..

About all banking having internal scoring, yes, it may be true with regard to BIG banks, not definitely for small to medium sized banks..

having internal score is different to letting cusotmers know about the score ...
It enocourages some transperancy...

indraneal89

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Iscore: 82 (up by 2 points for some reason, was consistent at 80 for past few months). My guess is it is because my card limit doubled when I got LTF Sapphiro

Offers
  1. Home Loan: 56,50,000
  2. Car Loan: 25,00,000
  3. Personal Loan: 10,00,000
ICICI is my secondary account, my main one is HDFC

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Iscore: 82 (up by 2 points for some reason, was consistent at 80 for past few months). My guess is it is because my card limit doubled when I got LTF Sapphiro

Offers
  1. Home Loan: 56,50,000
  2. Car Loan: 25,00,000
  3. Personal Loan: 10,00,000
ICICI is my secondary account, my main one is HDFC
what is your delcared income as per ICICI records.. ( you could specify range) ..

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
iScore by ICICI

This discussion is to understand what is an iScore by ICICI which appears in iMobile App under " Discove" tab for SB account holders
its impact on pre-approved offers and their limits..​

What is iScore?

iScore is an internal/proprietary score score provided by ICICI Bank to its customers, on the basis of their transactions in the physical and digital world.
Before we go on to the details of how it is calculated , let us see its uses from customer perspective based on my observations:

1) iScore - its impact on Credit card pre approved offers
( Very minor role as of now, but could play a considerable role in future)..

iScore is not playing a siginificatnt role in triggering pre-approved credit card offers yet.. but in future it may be considered with some greate importance depending upon how ICICI wants to take this forward ..
I found only one instance where low iScore had resulted in no pre-approved offers for a customer.. ..in the following case..
complete details are here in this thread..

What it essentially means, iScore is playing some part in triggering pre-approved CC offers , albiet a very minor role as of now..

1719056604596.png

2) Significant role in Crdit limits on products like Credit card, Home Loan, Personal Loan , Auto loan etc.

This is where the plot thickens.. I have found quite a significant co-relation between iScore and limits offered on various Credit / Loan products ..
The higher the iScore the higher the limits offered.....

3) Essentially iScore is useful for limits offered on differnt pre-approved loans largely and to credit card limits to some extent ...

Now.. We will go into the academics of iScore,
What is an iScore, how it is built, how to improve, what are the different slabs, etc..
Here I am providing allt he screenshots of these FAQ's taken directly from iMobile App...
It is quite easy to understand...

Some basic details of iSocre..

1) This is available under " Discover " tab in iMobile app.
2) The customer had to hold a SB account to see thid option
3) In the first screen it will show your score..
4) You will find a button there to find out " how to improve your iScore?" .. these options are customized according to the cutomer's current profile..
Basically they want us to use thier different ICICI products..

Tip: Try to use as many products as possible with the least amount of cashoutflow.. the trick is we need to use different prodcuts offerd by ICICI and make sure they are not forced spending on our part. and still try to cover maxmium products with least amuont of outflow..
for eg. regularly we can use some token pre-paid recharge ( load Rs10 into mobile's main balance), a few payments thru QR scan etc...
This way I kept my iScore at 90 at one point of time...
Like this you can find your own spend types..

1719058719753.png

1719058178928.png

1719058216893.png

Now FAQ's part

1719058517445.png

1719058547905.png

1719058331401.png

1719058361707.png

1719058388396.png

My Old iScore Screeshot: found in this thread..

1719058864600.png

My Pre-approved credit limits offered on different loans based on my

1) 24L income recorded as per ICICI records
2) current iScore of 80, ( before 90)

1. Home Loan : 95L
2. Auto Loan : 50L
3. Two Wheeler Loan: 4.10 L
4.Loan against Property : 80L
5. Loan against comeercial property: 80L

1719060174352.png

1719060315295.png

Now, Let us do some collobarative research on this topic to establish some facts based on my above observations...
Share your profile, iScore, your pre approved offers, its limits etc.. your expereince and observations ..

I believe , this will definitely help in understanding how ICICI triggers its pre-approved offers and limits going into the future...

Imprtant Note: If you have very high income (ITR) and a very good CIBIL, and have availed decent amount of credit products from ICICI, then iScore's role is negligible in your pre-approved Credit card offers.. Actually some of these factors will contirbute to the high iScore itself and there by good offers...
Informative thread 👍
Applied via twitter for rubyx ltf but they denied and tried other way of starting application and stop it between…post 2 days got call and closed appln by their online agents
Will create a post once card approved

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If its the investment profile part its not updated with them

It is not that..
Let me check and tell you where exactly it is..

In Net Banking,
Overview -> Personal Details -> Confirm Profile ... When you click on this , a new pop up will come and shows you the current soted data..
You can update it to the latest data if you want to ..

1719063273933.png

indraneal89

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In Net Banking,
Overview -> Personal Details -> Confirm Profile ... When you click on this , a new pop up will come and shows you the current soted data..
You can update it to the latest data if you want to ..

1719063273933.png
I don't have this option, maybe because it is privilege banking and not wealth management.

Funny story, I was generally checking my options and saw I had a credit limit upgrade option from 300,000 to 525,000 on my Sapphiro cards which I naturally took

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I don't have this option, mabe because it is privilege banking and not wealth management.

Funny story, I was generally checking my options and saw I had a credit limit upgrade option from 300,000 to 525,000 on my Sapphiro cards which I naturally took
iMobile Home page -> Services -> Update Profile -> select cust id , click on "Proceed update Profile"

1719063949883.png

1719063985801.png

1719064038336.png