• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iScore ICICI - impact on pre-approved offers and credit & loan Limits

SSV

TF Reserve
Contributor
VIP Lounge
iScore by ICICI

This discussion is to understand what is an iScore by ICICI which appears in iMobile App under " Discove" tab for SB account holders
its impact on pre-approved offers and their limits..​

What is iScore?

iScore is an internal/proprietary score score provided by ICICI Bank to its customers, on the basis of their transactions in the physical and digital world.
Before we go on to the details of how it is calculated , let us see its uses from customer perspective based on my observations:

1) iScore - its impact on Credit card pre approved offers
( Very minor role as of now, but could play a considerable role in future)..

iScore is not playing a siginificatnt role in triggering pre-approved credit card offers yet.. but in future it may be considered with some greate importance depending upon how ICICI wants to take this forward ..
I found only one instance where low iScore had resulted in no pre-approved offers for a customer.. ..in the following case..
complete details are here in this thread..

What it essentially means, iScore is playing some part in triggering pre-approved CC offers , albiet a very minor role as of now..

1719056604596.png

2) Significant role in Crdit limits on products like Credit card, Home Loan, Personal Loan , Auto loan etc.

This is where the plot thickens.. I have found quite a significant co-relation between iScore and limits offered on various Credit / Loan products ..
The higher the iScore the higher the limits offered.....

3) Essentially iScore is useful for limits offered on differnt pre-approved loans largely and to credit card limits to some extent ...

Now.. We will go into the academics of iScore,
What is an iScore, how it is built, how to improve, what are the different slabs, etc..
Here I am providing allt he screenshots of these FAQ's taken directly from iMobile App...
It is quite easy to understand...

Some basic details of iSocre..

1) This is available under " Discover " tab in iMobile app.
2) The customer had to hold a SB account to see thid option
3) In the first screen it will show your score..
4) You will find a button there to find out " how to improve your iScore?" .. these options are customized according to the cutomer's current profile..
Basically they want us to use thier different ICICI products..

Tip: Try to use as many products as possible with the least amount of cashoutflow.. the trick is we need to use different prodcuts offerd by ICICI and make sure they are not forced spending on our part. and still try to cover maxmium products with least amuont of outflow..
for eg. regularly we can use some token pre-paid recharge ( load Rs10 into mobile's main balance), a few payments thru QR scan etc...
This way I kept my iScore at 90 at one point of time...
Like this you can find your own spend types..

You can find your iScore( for SBA holders) under " Discover " in iMobile App..
Scroll down to the bottom in the " Discover" tab.

1719062857500.png

1719058719753.png

1719058178928.png

1719058216893.png

Now FAQ's part

1719058517445.png

1719058547905.png

1719058331401.png

1719058361707.png

1719058388396.png

My Old iScore Screeshot: found in this thread..

1719058864600.png

My Pre-approved credit limits offered on different loans based on my

1) 24L income recorded as per ICICI records
2) current iScore of 80, ( before 90)

1. Home Loan : 95L
2. Auto Loan : 50L
3. Two Wheeler Loan: 4.10 L
4.Loan against Property : 80L
5. Loan against comeercial property: 80L

1719060174352.png

1719060315295.png

Now, Let us do some collobarative research on this topic to establish some facts based on my above observations...
Share your profile, iScore, your pre approved offers, its limits etc.. your expereince and observations ..

I believe , this will definitely help in understanding how ICICI triggers its pre-approved offers and limits going into the future...

Imprtant Note: If you have very high income (ITR) and a very good CIBIL, and have availed decent amount of credit products from ICICI, then iScore's role is negligible in your pre-approved Credit card offers.. Actually some of these factors will contirbute to the high iScore itself and there by good offers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does updating Customer Profile have any impact on account type we hold with ICICI or any negative implications of it?

Like I have switched jobs and after I started getting salary from my new employer, my account was showing Privilege badge and got pre approved offers for RubyX, home loan and car loan.
There's no change in salary for past several months but now the pre approved home loan and car loan offers disappeared.

However, I just checked the profile section and it still mentions the details (Sub occupation i.e. Private Limited/Public Sector/MNC,etc. and salary bracket) as of the time of account opening (previous employer).

Should I change these 2 details (Sub occupation and salary bracket) in the customer profile? Will that have any negative implications?

Reactions: SSV
iScore is no longer available in the Discover section of my iMobile app.
Is it still showing for you guys?
Oh i thought it's only me ICICI has blocked me for offers. Chalo for me too zero offers except the PL On CC 🥱
Yes, iScore has disappeared from the Discover section, and an option for the CIBIL score has appeared on the home screen.
same here. after the latest update iscore is missing from the discover section

iScore is not showing for me. Earlier it used to show but not now. Updated the App but still it is not showing.

I see some changes lately in the ICICI imobile app and offers.

For me also , iScore is not visible now for the last couple of weeks..
Most of my pre-apporved offers have disappeared except for home loan..
Home loan is also now offered by ICICI Home Financing Company .. ( this entity is new.. it was not there before in the offers section)...
Lets wait for a few more weeks..and see if this is permanent or in transtion phase ...

Last edited:
I see some changes lately in the ICICI imobile app and offers.

For me also , iScore is not visible now for the last couple of weeks..
Most of my pre-apporved offers have disappeared now except for home loan..
Home loan is also now offered by ICICI Home Financing Company .. ( this entity is new.. it was not there before in the offers section)...
Lets wait for a few more weeks..and see if this is permanent or in transtion phase ...
Seems like regarding offers, everyone got some pause from ICICI.

Iscore still working on IOS.

But something is wrong wid the iscore, it's keep falling even though after doing the required things to increase d same.

May be system needs some bug fixing probably

Seems like regarding offers, everyone got some pause from ICICI.

Iscore still working on IOS.
But something is wrong wid the iscore, it's keep falling even though after doing the required things to increase d same.

May be system needs some bug fixing probably
Thanks for letting us know about iScore working on iOS.

I think they are thoroughly revamping their system.. give them some time like 2 to 4 weeks.. then we can see how does it look like..

Yes iScore is working on iOS as I can see but my score fell down by 24 points :(

When my score was 88 I had below pre-approved offers

1. Home Loan: 1.19 cr
  2. Insta Flexi Cash: 10.1 L
  3. Car Loan: 50 L
  4. Pay Later Account: 1L
  5. 2 wheeler loan: 3.5L

After the score decrease to 64 below are the new addition along with enhancement from previous offers

1. Home Loan: 1.60 cr (enhancement)
  5. 2 wheeler loan: 7.6L (enhancement)
  6. Personal Loan: 18.1L
  7. Loan on card: 10L
  8. Commerical Property Loan: 1.21 cr
  9. Consumer EMI: 7.6L
  10. Loan against property: 1.21 cr
  11. Education Loan: 30L
@SSV

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    30 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    71.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    67.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    64.7 KB · Views: 14
Yes iScore is working on iOS as I can see but my score fell down by 24 points :(

When my score was 88 I had below pre-approved offers

1. Home Loan: 1.19 cr
  5. 2 wheeler loan: 3.5L

After the score decrease to 64 below are the new addition along with enhancement from previous offers

1. Home Loan: 1.60 cr (enhancement)
  5. 2 wheeler loan: 7.6L (enhancement)
  6. Personal Loan: 18.1L
  7. Loan on card: 10L
  8. Commerical Property Loan: 1.21 cr
  9. Consumer EMI: 7.6L
  10. Loan against property: 1.21 cr
  11. Education Loan: 30L
@SSV
When exactly did this happen to you ??
It actually shows that they are actually working on it and the current phase is transition phase

@SSV
Until July 24 I had only 5 offers and it was same offers when my score was flat 88 from Mar-24 to July -24
the bold ones are new offers for Aug month (Current month)

In my case, my iScore has disappeared over the last month. The offers have remained the same for the past two months. I believe they might be changing their algorithm and scoring pattern.

Does updating Customer Profile have any impact on account type we hold with ICICI or any negative implications of it?

Like I have switched jobs and after I started getting salary from my new employer, my account was showing Privilege badge and got pre approved offers for RubyX, home loan and car loan.
There's no change in salary for past several months but now the pre approved home loan and car loan offers disappeared.

However, I just checked the profile section and it still mentions the details (Sub occupation i.e. Private Limited/Public Sector/MNC,etc. and salary bracket) as of the time of account opening (previous employer).

Should I change these 2 details (Sub occupation and salary bracket) in the customer profile? Will that have any negative implications?
Can someone shed light on my query
@SSV

Don't worry at the moment.
They are currently flirting with their offers algo .. no logic will work. Many people's previous offers were disappeared including mine.
Give a month or two for them and we will revisit this subjects

Don't worry at the moment. They are flirting with their offers algo right now.. no logic will work. Many people's previous offers were disappeared including mine.
Give a monthnor two for them and we will revisit this subjects
Thanks a lot 🙂

Apparently after the latest imobile update 14.5 on IOS , iscore is not there in discover section now. And also UI is updated to orange color (meaning all customers have same color now not based on their segment). Earlier one was good not sure why they changed the color.

Apparently after the latest imobile update 14.5 on IOS , iscore is not there in discover section now. And also UI is updated to orange color (meaning all customers have same color now not based on their segment). Earlier one was good not sure why they changed the color.
And also most of the preapproved offers were gone for some.. Definitely something is happening, let's see what future brings here

My iscore is gone (android) but offers are same from last 3-4 months. Don't know why not refreshing. Earlier they used to refresh the offers frequently.

Back