• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

issue with bhim upi auto pay

me_sovon

TF Premier
I want to raise a complaint against npci (bhim app) where I can do that?
I have already raised the issue with them (on X as well as on their contact us section), about my upi auto pay, but they didn't solved the issue from last 5 to 6 months

So I want to complaint against them to a higher authority, kindly help me

The issue I'm facing explained here:

Last edited:
So I was trying to activate an upi auto pay on my SBI account on the bhim app, but somehow the process didn't completed although I got confirmation sms and successful message on the website on that time .

So I asked my service provider about the auto pay set up, they also told me that there was no auto pay active.

So after that I tried with another bank account and another upi app (PhonePe), this time the auto pay activate successfully. Also confirmed by the service provider.

But the main is with the unsuccessful mandate, it's is still showing active on Bhim app, and it's showing "pending debit" also there is no option to deactivate the mandate on Bhim app

So I asked for help on X, as well as raised the issue from the npci website.
They called me few times and told me that they are trying to resolve the issue, but after that on response, I have asked them multiple times on X but same response that they are trying to solve the issue.

Even I have visited my SBI branch, they told me that they have nothing to do in this case.
Their mandate sucks. I have a mandate from a service I deleted the account of years ago. It still shows up even though that service and my bank cannot see it.
I get daily calls asking for more screenshots of removing it. To "collect logs", "help technical team" blah blah.
few months ago I reported on twitter and counting..

Sounds ominous. What is npci/bhim/UPI/rupay is regulated by?
NPCI/UPI/RuPay/IMPS/Visa/MasterCard/Amex/Diners Club are "Payment system operator (PSO)"

These companies has no power to hold or use your money. Only banks have permission for that.

The OP's SBI bank has not debited the money; the transaction failed from the bank’s side long ago.

The topic should end here.

Same goes to @gfgt34wdfv

But no, you all are unnecessarily shooting in the dark.

However, this doesn’t mean that the BHIM app has no bugs; UPI AutoPay and the BHIM App still need improvements.

But all these problems that are coming up, it's not something you should take too seriously. Just chill.

NPCI/UPI/RuPay/IMPS/Visa/MasterCard/Amex/Diners Club are "Payment system operator (PSO)"

These companies has no power to hold or use your money. Only banks have permission for that.

The OP's SBI bank has not debited the money; the transaction failed from the bank’s side long ago.

The topic should end here.

Same goes to @gfgt34wdfv

However, this doesn’t mean that the BHIM app has no bugs; UPI AutoPay and the BHIM App still need improvements.

But all these problems that are coming up, it's not something you should take too seriously. Just chill.

But If the amount was not debited from the bank, then bank will say that the auto pay is not successfully activated that's why they have nothing to do here.

Same goes to @gfgt34wdfv
because the mandate is active I cannot deregister and reregister using a simpler UPI id
having such bugs in the poster child of new age india kinda ruins their reputation like it did with BSNL or india post as "sarkari"
It also sucks that there's only twitter DM or a long a*s form on the site to raise a complaint and nobody still follows up on that. The bhim.support email mostly gets ignored for feature requests or smaller polishing level bugs. there's no forum or official communique like Zerodha or reddit or stackoverflow forums.
The toll free number just tells you to go the site. there's no in app redressal mechanism.
I have a communication link with a core team member so I just mail them my issues and suggestions and some get picked up. But that's not ideal or scalable.

Any other regulated entity has such high standards in customer care like most PSU banks, or some private ones but just because you became the middleman doesn't mean you can't cause losses or harassment. It's the same technique that new age "gig employers" use to become middleman/ platform and evade all responsibility.

hard disagree. In the pursuit of adding features they have introduced several regressions.. txn receipt page now automatically navigates to home page while I'm showing it to the shopkeeper. The repeat payment feature removes remarks now which makes it the same as saved beneficiary payment. Paytm/ camera/ qr scanner doesn't detect BHIM as a valid UPI handler installed app even though it detects other apps. resuming the app from background causes double login
all are death by thousand papercuts.

In fact complaining alone caused the redesigned app to improve the V3 app and add the two rows in the middle for txn history etc. I hoped they'll take beta feedback but it never happened.

"“We hear you!” Our most used feature can be accessed right from the home screen– check your balance, transaction history and approve to pay at the first glance. Introducing the new BHIM UPI App home screen for effortless and secure digital payments."

v3.7 https://apps.apple.com/in/app/bhim-making-india-cashless/id1200315258

Respectfully, Folks like yourself while intending to pacify people merely uphold the status quo and do nothing yourself to change it.

Government sector has the worst customer support.
BSNL is one of them, there is also a long story about the BSNL fiber connection customer support, I'm using currently BSNL fiber.

Back