• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issued SimplySave CC against FBB StyleUp card without consent

tuhin

TF Premier
Recently SBI issued me a SimplySave - MasterCard variant Credit Card without my consent & approval. I was using an FBB StyleUp card & I was happy with the benefit of the Annual Fee Reversal of Rs 500 through Rewards Points Credit (2000 RP) which was making this card as virtually free of cost (except GST). Now, they issued the SimplySave card which was a chargeable one. I have already escalated this concern. I need your suggestion on this part:

1. Can I escalate this issue to RBI also if SBI PNO is not resolving it as RBI doesn't approve such changes without any customer consent?

2. I have already asked them to convert SimplySave to a LifeTimeFree variant but the Customer Care team rejected my proposal what can I do?

3. Will these sudden changes hurt my CIBIL as I have been using FBB StyleUP cards for a long time?

4. If they are not approving my LifeTimeFree request can I convert this card to the BPCL Rupay variant to continue the SBI privilege?

Please help. Also, if any other existing FBB STyleUP holder is experiencing such sudden changes, please share here too.

Thanks

They sent some communications in either SMS/email long back about this variant switch, you might have received it.. check once. SBI has strong advocate system which can show various places of these TnCs while closing RBI tickets, so check before proceed.

3. If its upgrade / variant switch then no impact, your 'date acquired/date approved' still same and continue contribute your score. If its different card then it contributes separates, still no issue with CIBIL unless you forgot to pay bills before due date.

4. No, you need to apply separately.

FBB is discontinued and most of them received simplysave as an alternative without consent (atleast to their knowledge).

Still, you can fight for it if you absolutely sure nowhere it mentioned about this switch.

They sent some communications in either SMS/email long back about this variant switch, you might have received it.. check once. SBI has strong advocate system which can show various places of these TnCs while closing RBI tickets, so check before proceed.

3. If its upgrade / variant switch then no impact, your 'date acquired/date approved' still same and continue contribute your score. If its different card then it contributes separates, still no issue with CIBIL unless you forgot to pay bills before due date.

FBB is discontinued and most of them received simplysave as an alternative without consent (atleast to their knowledge).

Still, you can fight for it if you absolutely sure nowhere it mentioned about this switch.
I have searched in my mailbox as well as my SMS dump, no where I am getting such communication regarding variant switch. So, it happened without any approval. I am very sure about it.

I am not agree with you on card upgrade reporting to CIBIL. Everytime you upgrade or swap your current SBI credit card they shows new card into CIBIL.

I am not agree with you on card upgrade reporting to CIBIL. Everytime you upgrade or swap your current SBI credit card they shows new card into CIBIL.

they show as new account but card joining date still old card date only.. check once

account count not matter, card opening date and payment history.

Millennia to Regalia Gold

each active card in hdfc has 1 separate account.

if you have multiple account means

- cards are still active (not an upgrade but new addition, check card opening date in those accounts).

if not active, you should get it corrected and update properly.

btw, check official cibil report before making any changes/requests.

Recently SBI issued me a SimplySave - MasterCard variant Credit Card without my consent & approval. I was using an FBB StyleUp card & I was happy with the benefit of the Annual Fee Reversal of Rs 500 through Rewards Points Credit (2000 RP) which was making this card as virtually free of cost (except GST). Now, they issued the SimplySave card which was a chargeable one. I have already escalated this concern. I need your suggestion on this part:

1. Can I escalate this issue to RBI also if SBI PNO is not resolving it as RBI doesn't approve such changes without any customer consent?

2. I have already asked them to convert SimplySave to a LifeTimeFree variant but the Customer Care team rejected my proposal what can I do?

3. Will these sudden changes hurt my CIBIL as I have been using FBB StyleUP cards for a long time?

4. If they are not approving my LifeTimeFree request can I convert this card to the BPCL Rupay variant to continue the SBI privilege?

Please help. Also, if any other existing FBB STyleUP holder is experiencing such sudden changes, please share here too.

Thanks
You can change variant no issues.
And after joining fees charged in the next cycle call them they will reverse the charges, don't worry.

Thanks
Same thing happened with me too…I just received new card dispatch message, no prior consent or info of any kind.
Anyways my FBB was already LTF so no worries, but now I’ve got an idea to ask them for better card upgrade…at least I’ll try !!

Same thing happened with me too…I just received new card dispatch message, no prior consent or info of any kind.
Anyways my FBB was already LTF so no worries, but now I’ve got an idea to ask them for better card upgrade…at least I’ll try !!
Use new card fir year then create closer request most of time they makes Your card LTF.

Back