• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issues due to just (FIRST NAME) In KYC Documents

Any solution?

• Total voters

Krndeep

TF Buzz
Hello,

I've veen been facing issues with online banking due to just having FIRST NAME in kyc documents.

SBI YONO ONLINE ACCOUNT OPENING ERROR

*INITIALLY IT MOVES FORWARD THE APPLICATION WHEN USING PREFIX OR LAST NAME AS FIRST NAME TOO HOWEVER WHILE AADHAR VERIFICATION AUTOMATIC CHECK, IT DETECTS IT AND DUE TO INFO NOT MATCHING PROCESS IS ABORTED AT THAT STAGE*

***AU bank***

FOR ACCOUNT OPENING, THEY TELL U ON LAST STEP THAT U JUST HAVE FIRST NAME AFTER GATHERING ALL BASIC INFO.

SMALL ADVICE - NEVER APPLY FOR ANY AU CREDIT CARD IF HAVING ONLY FIRST NAME, 101% DENIAL WITH SURE HIT ON CIBIL

***INDIE ***

THEY AUTOMATICALLY ASSIGNED ME (MY NAME + FIRST LETTER OF MY NAME AS SURNAME) AT THE TIME OF KYC

My ask is can somebody please guide any Workaround to resolve this (Can't open it offline at branch which is the last resort only)

Thanks in advance.

Please feel free to share your experiences.

If possible get the Surname by official process Gazette Notification and update the PAN and Aadhaar then you can easily update everywhere, like Bank accounts , Passport . no need to change in Educational Documents because it is time consuming.
Only first name is major headcache for visa application in several countries.

Back