• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR 2 filing help for RSU

roygarg

TF Select
Hi

I need some assistance from people who have experience filing ITR2 in the case of foreign RSUs.

I am filing ITR2 for my wife. She has vested RSUs that we need to report under Schedule FA. These are US stocks. However, the broker is Etrade and they have not provided any FA document.

1. My first doubt is if NASDAQ historical data can be used to report the peak value of the investment during the year 2023 in Schedule FA.

2. My second doubt is about this question in ITR2. I assume that the answer to this question is a 'Yes' but I want to double check. Points 2 and 3 don't apply since none of the RSUs have been sold and there is no dividend income. I am only confused about point 1.

1720440102179.webp

3. If she decides to sell these RSUs, will we have to fill schedule FSI and TR in next year's ITR even though there is no tax being deducted in the US and no tax relief is being claimed for tax deducted in a foreign country?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Itr2 is complicated that too with rsu and income more than 50 lpa. Better file with CA for this year and use that knowledge for next year's .

There are people who charge 2k to 3k and provide filled template based on our Form 16, Ais etc.,

They won't even need ur ITR user name and password.

Itr2 is complicated that too with rsu and income more than 50 lpa. Better file with CA for this year and use that knowledge for next year's .

There are people who charge 2k to 3k and provide filled template based on our Form 16, Ais etc.,

They won't even need ur ITR user name and password.
Income is not even 10 lpa. 😆

I am reaching out here because many people get RSUs and wanted to learn from their experience filing itr 2. She already asked her colleagues for a CA recommendation and we found out that they all filed itr 1 when I know for a fact that you can't when you have foreign RSUs.

Back