• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kochi to Bangalore 1-day trip

cardio_guy

TF Premier
My trip between Kochi and Bangalore was a whirlwind of quick flights and efficient public transportation.

Kochi to Bangalore:
For the first leg, I opted for Alliance Air. Their ATR 72-600 turboprop aircraft, known for lower cruising altitudes and speeds, provided a comfortable 1.5-hour flight.
Before takeoff, I unwound in the Kochi lounge thanks to my Federal Celesta credit card. The food spread wasn't exceptional, but it did the trick.

Touching down at Bangalore Airport's Terminal 1 (BLR T1), I seamlessly connected to a BMTC Vayu Vajra bus for the ride to Kadubesanahalli. The bus journey was a breeze, and at Rs 265, it was a very economical option.

I arrived at my destination around 11:15 pm, feeling refreshed from the flight.

Bangalore to Kochi:
Since my return flight with Air India Express departed the next day at 5 am, I decided to take a BMTC bus the night before.
This ensured I reached the airport well-rested. The bus departed JP Morgan at 10:30 pm and deposited me right at the airport by 11:45 pm.
Just like the outbound journey, the BMTC Vayu Vajra service impressed me with its convenience and affordability (another Rs 265 fare).

A free airport shuttle whisked me away from T1 to T2, where my flight was departing.
Here's a handy tip I picked up: any BMTC Vayu Vajra bus can be used for this short transfer between terminals.

After the quick shuttle ride, I settled into the T2 lounge to relax before my flight.
While the lounge did have a bit of a queue, and some amenities were closed due to the late hour, my Celesta card came in clutch once again, granting me access for a minimal fee of Rs 2.
I savored a couple of Ragi dosas and a cup of tea to fortify myself for the journey ahead.

Feeling rejuvenated, I boarded my Air India Express flight for the swift 1-hour trip back to Kochi.

cardio_guy

TF Premier
I would say T2 lounge is less crowded (may be because i travelled in odd-hours). I felt food options are better in T1 though.
But seating wise T2 is better. There are mini-spaces in the lounge where you can relax, read books, work-stations, meeting rooms, mini bar etc are also there,

Reactions: NAB