• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak 811 Account Welcome Kit

varun__goel_

TF Prestige
I opened a Kotak 811 Account. It's been more than a week, haven't received any welcome kit/cheque book. Also contacted customer care, they informed nothing will be issued. Has anyone else opened 811 account and haven't received anything(cheque book/atm card/welcome letter)

Solution
You will not receive anything for opening 811 online and and if you want cheque book and debit card you will be charged additionally for this.(DC renewal fees also applicable)
You may be receive 811 welcome letter mentioning welcome to Kotak Mahindra Bank 😁.
I just opened a Kotak 811 account few hours ago. Finished KYC also. Had a few queries:

1. I opened the A/c from 811's website and finished KYC. Downloaded the Kotak Banking App and logged in but it still does not show that KYC is done and pending verification. It shows that start your KYC. Will it be updated in a few hours ?

2. The IFSC Code generated for me was showing as KKBK0000811 which when searched shows a Kotak branch in Ahmedabad whereas I am from Mumbai. Will an IFSC Code of a branch near my pincode be allotted later?
Are you able to make debit trans via acc? If yes then kyc has been successful. Another way go to kotak 811 menu, go to account details. It will written kotak 811 full kyc.

For branch wait few days, if not changed do it manually

I just opened a Kotak 811 account few hours ago. Finished KYC also. Had a few queries:

1. I opened the A/c from 811's website and finished KYC. Downloaded the Kotak Banking App and logged in but it still does not show that KYC is done and pending verification. It shows that start your KYC. Will it be updated in a few hours ?

2. The IFSC Code generated for me was showing as KKBK0000811 which when searched shows a Kotak branch in Ahmedabad whereas I am from Mumbai. Will an IFSC Code of a branch near my pincode be allotted later?
1. If you did vkyc, it takes some time to update in ckyc and in bank records. If fails unfortunately they will ask you to do.

2. You no need to worry as soon as kyc updates, they will assign near branch as home branch else you can change in netbanking/mobile banking.

Fully digital account. No need of any cheque book or even a physical debit card. Digital/virtual debit card is functionally as good for meeting all needs. I am happy with 811.

I have a 811 with more than 1L balance. In it's 3rd month, I was given a pre-approved Kotak Zen Signature card - of course - based on my credit ratings. Card delivered on 5th day of saying yes.
And we can even generate UPI PIN with this virtual debit card?

Back