• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak card not received - Potential Fraud

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey folks,

I applied for a Kotak Myntra card but it was pending due to KYC rejection.
then the next day I received a call from the agent that she can process the new application with offline KYC so I went with it, KYC was done and the card was approved on 17th July.

After that, there was no update on dispatch, and I haven't received the message from Bluedart tracking. Today I received a call from some agent that your card was delivered by Bluedart and if I activated the card or not. and said if I don't activate it, it will be canceled. After the call, another agent(spam on true caller) sent me a message on how to activate my card and to call a number 7669010000 to activate my card.

As I have not activated the card and reported to Kotak customer care that I have not received my card, Hence they have raised a request to again reissue/dispatch the card.

I suspect a potential fraud here, someone got my card in between delivery and wanted me to activate it so they can use it on wireless pos.

Do let me know your view on this situation.

Hey folks,

I applied for a Kotak Myntra card but it was pending due to KYC rejection.
then the next day I received a call from the agent that she can process the new application with offline KYC so I went with it, KYC was done and the card was approved on 17th July.

After that, there was no update on dispatch, and I haven't received the message from Bluedart tracking. Today I received a call from some agent that your card was delivered by Bluedart and if I activated the card or not. and said if I don't activate it, it will be canceled. After the call, another agent(spam on true caller) sent me a message on how to activate my card and to call a number 7669010000 to activate my card.

As I have not activated the card and reported to Kotak customer care that I have not received my card, Hence they have raised a request to again reissue/dispatch the card.

I suspect a potential fraud here, someone got my card in between delivery and wanted me to activate it so they can use it on wireless pos.

Do let me know your view on this situation.
Kindly confirm about the delivery with customer care. The agent might not have the exact information or they might have your number on their list due to some technical glitch.

If they confirm about the delivery then ask them the tracking details and complain against bluedart with those details.

Kindly confirm about the delivery with customer care. The agent might not have the exact information or they might have your number on their list due to some technical glitch.

If they confirm about the delivery then ask them the tracking details and complain against bluedart with those details.
Customer care also doesn't know, they also said I should have received the card by now hence they raised a request to issue a new card.

Customer care also doesn't know, they also said I should have received the card by now hence they raised a request to issue a new card.
That's the point I was trying to make. They are assuming that you should have received your card by now.

Insist on getting the Bluedart tracking details.

If they are not able to provide, they might have not dispatched your card due to any technical reason and they are not accepting it.

the last two times i received debit card replacement of two different bank cards in 2023, both came in bluedart and didnt ask for otp. they only asked to sign in their app. is the process different for credit cards?
I have never received any credit shipped via bluedart without otp and bluedart will never let you pickup credit card from their hub, they will deliver to your address only.

Last edited:
It kotak fault here, card Isn't dispatched, bluedart ask for otp and aadhar last 4 digit without that card won't be delivered.
let's see, they have again dispatched the card and said will be delivered in 7 days, im just afraid if this loop takes more than a month, card will be canceled.
and when the agent called she said your card shows delivered by Bludart on her system.

let's see, they have again dispatched the card and said will be delivered in 7 days, im just afraid if this loop takes more than a month, card will be canceled.
and when the agent called she said your card shows delivered by Bludart on her system.
Did you ask her to share tracking url of that Delivery?

Ask for your previous BlueDart tracking details from Kotak customer care and go directly to nearby BlueDart office. Check details over there regarding mobile number and address with the help of your previous tracking ID. By this way you will come to know who is receiving your credit card and in which address. Don't delay it as it might happen again with your new credit card shipment too.

By default you should get the AWB number from bank via SMS once the card is dispatched. You should also get SMS from BlueDart when the card is out for delivery. If you don't receive these, there is likely case that the "so called" dispatched card may not reach you.

By default you should get the AWB number from bank via SMS once the card is dispatched. You should also get SMS from BlueDart when the card is out for delivery. If you don't receive these, there is likely case that the "so called" dispatched card may not reach you.
I have not received any details. No messages after approval message.

Ask for your previous BlueDart tracking details from Kotak customer care and go directly to nearby BlueDart office. Check details over there regarding mobile number and address with the help of your previous tracking ID. By this way you will come to know who is receiving your credit card and in which address. Don't delay it as it might happen again with your new credit card shipment too.
They confirmed the address and mobile number in the system against my CRN and it's correct.

the last two times i received debit card replacement of two different bank cards in 2023, both came in bluedart and didnt ask for otp. they only asked to sign in their app. is the process different for credit cards?
Some banks allow delivery of Debit Cards without OTP. It is the sender who decides the level of security for each shipment.

For Credit Cards, banks generally add additional layer of security. They have to share the last 4 digit of Aadhaar with Bluedart which is verified at the time of delivery.
Kotak does follow this. For all the CCs that I have received from Kotak, they have asked me the last 4 digit of Aadhaar.

They generally do not share Aadhaar details for Debit Cards to make the process complicated.

Last edited:
Back