• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak launch Virtual only Lifetime free UPI RuPay Credit Card

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Kotak launch Virtual only Lifetime free UPI RuPay Credit Card:​

kotak virtual.jpg

Features -

Credit meets Convenience with Kotak UPI RuPay Credit Card. Link your card on UPI Apps & make payments instantly​

Reward Benefit​

Earn 3 Reward Points* per ₹100 spent

Credit Card on UPI​

Enjoy facility of making UPI Payment with your credit card.

Virtual Credit Card​

Go wallet free by making instant payments with your credit card.

Lifetime Free Card​

No Joining & Annual Fees for life time.

UPI payment on Credit Card:

• Enjoy a seamless experience of making UPI Transactions with your Kotak UPI RuPay Virtual Credit Card on your preferred UPI Apps
  • For more information regarding how to make UPI Payments with your RuPay Credit Card, Click Here

Earn Reward Points

• Earn 3 Reward Points* against every ₹ 100 spent.
  • No capping limit per statement cycle on earning Reward Points
  • Reward Points will be accrued for both UPI as well as Regular# Credit Card Transactions
  • Every 1,000 Reward Points will be equivalent to ₹ 100
  • Minimum 1000 Reward Points will be required for redemption

Life Time Free Card

*Reward Points will not be accrued for transaction categories such as: Rent, Fuel, Railway, Wallet Loading, EMI, Education & Balance Transfer

#Regular Credit Card Transactions include Online/E-Commerce and International Transactions made virtually

Eligibility Criteria​

• Customer should be an existing Kotak Credit Card holder
  • Customer should be in age bracket of 18-65 Years
  • Customer should be a resident of India

Link your Virtual Credit Card on UPI Payment Apps​

• Unfold UPI Magic with Kotak UPI RuPay Virtual Credit Card. Link your card on UPI Apps & set UPI Pin for making UPI Transactions
  • For more information on how to link your RuPay Credit Card on UPI Apps, Click Here

Manage your virtual Credit Card on Kotak Mobile Banking App​

• Kotak UPI RuPay Credit Card will be issued as virtual only card and no physical card will be issued. For your convenience, the card details will be auto-registered in Kotak Mobile Banking App under Credit Card section. To view card details, follow the below steps:
    • Login into Kotak Mobile Banking App
    • Go to “Credit Card” Section
    • Go to “Card Overview” Section
To enable E-Com/Online & International Transactions & manage card usage settings, please click on “Card Control” Tab under “Card Overview” Section in Kotak Mobile Banking App.

fytfy.jpg

Fees & Charges:

Fee & Other ParametersKotak UPI RuPay Credit Card
Joining FeesNil
Annual FeesNil
Add on Card Benefit (Virtual Card)Not Applicable
Interest Charges on outstanding Balances3.5% (Annualized Rate - 42%)
Minimum Amount Due (MAD) (It will reflect in statement in column of minimum amount due)MAD can be 5% or 10% of TAD as decided by the Bank
Late Payment Charges ("LPC")Due as per last statementLPC Charges
<₹ 100₹ 0.0
₹ 100 – ₹ 500₹ 100
₹ 501 – ₹ 5,000₹ 500
₹ 5,001 – ₹ 10,000₹ 600
₹ 10,001 – ₹ 25,000₹ 800
₹ 25,001 – ₹ 50,000₹ 1000
>₹ 50,000₹ 1200
Over Limit Charge₹ 500
Cheque Bounce ChargesHigher of (2% of bounce amount or ₹ 500)
Auto Debit Return ChargesHigher of (2% of bounce amount or ₹ 450)
Foreign Currency Mark Up3.5% per transaction + GST
Railway Booking Surcharge WaiverNot Applicable
Fuel Surcharge WaiverNot Applicable
Fee for Cash payment at Bank₹ 100
Reissue/ Replacement Card (per Card)Nil (As it is a virtual card)

Note: GST/Applicable taxes, would be charged as per the rates approved in the Finance Act each year on all interest & fees and other charges levied on your Credit Card.

Special thanks to @Tejo for sharing the details.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Visa/MC card is CIBIL linked.
Rupay card is EXPERIAN linked.
Your first card must have been Zen (visa/MC) hence CIBIL hit.. For New card application Kotak searches CIBIL from then Experian for any additional card requests..

I think these 2 limits are separate. Nowhere Kotak talked about a combined/overall/clubbed/joint limit.
This is how Kotak works.. Talk to CC or mail them & you will know that your limit is shared and NOT separate! They may give you different limit for different cards, the highest limit amongst your cards is your actual limit irrespective of the variant!

Last edited:
Your first card must have been Zen (visa/MC) hence CIBIL hit.. For New card application Kotak searches CIBIL from then Experian for any additional card requests..

No. This is how Kotak works.. Talk to CC or mail them & you will know that your limit is shared and NOT separate!

Anyway, it does not matter. My usage on all my 6 cards combined - per month - does not go beyond 1L. Except when I buy air tickets for our trips abroad. So, absolutely, no problem with it.

suryatejad

TF Buzz
If you are an existing Kotak card holder, for every additional card you apply, there will be an Experian hit each time. Kotak checks Experian for existing card holders for any additional card requests NOT cibil ... Hope this solves your query :)
Thanks a ton for fast reply. I am an existing kotak CC holder, From the discussion in the thread i understand it is a shared limit with my existing CC.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Bro, were you an existing kotak CC holder before this card application? Because others are saying existing users get Experian hit not Cibil hit. Just for clarification.
Yes I was existing user. And for me it was cibil hit. Pls note I didn't even use this kotak virtual cc cause it useless and just applied for the sake. Tata neu infinity is much better.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Better half of icici in le ..
I will believe only if i will get lucky 😅
ICICI and kotak are brothers in arms. Every time you get a diff reply from their customer care for a problem, both are better till there is a manual intervention, auto LE can be crazy and they give you the LE, the moment you don't require it anymore!

Also, use the start stop technique with Kotak, make few large purchases even upto credit limit and then pay it off and stop using card for a couple of months.. First they send you emails saying "we miss you", next is LE! 😂

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
ICICI and kotak are brother in arms. Every time you get a diff reply from their customer care for a problem, both are better till there is a manual intervention, auto LE can be crazy and they give you the LE, the moment you don't require it anymore!

Also, use the start stop technique with Kotak, make few large purchases even upto credit limit and then pay it off and stop using card for a couple of months.. First they send you emails saying "we miss you", next is LE! 😂
So this month is my first one
Used 45k out of 70.k

Pay this and wait for months ?

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Better half of icici in le ..
I will believe only if i will get lucky 😅
Once I got a LE offer when my card was "OVER LIMIT" by 97000 due to a medical emergency (I wish I had a screen shot of that..

I had asked Kotak to gimme a "Temporary LE of 75k" due to the emergency and they declined it after 24 hours ..!!!!!!! Then the card kept going till 123,000 over the limit, beyond which I did not have to swipe" as my requirement was met .. Just got charged 500 + 90 gst for that which they reversed on the phone itself!

As I said their systems work better with NO manual intervention.