• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Laptop buying help [NOT so urgent]

HumorSimpson

TF Prestige
Hi,

My personal laptop became unusable and I need a new one ASAP.

Going by personal experience with office Lenovo laptops, I am inclined towards it.
My Budget is <50K inr and usage is typical docs/video watching. Not rigorous programming or t*rren*t downloading.

postponing till Dhasara sales.

Configs I have decided:
Lenovo --> Really have excellent first hand experience with this and I say this is laptop version of Nokia800
RAM --> 16GB
gpu : not needed

Configs open and not yet decided:
cpu : Intel or amd ?

cc : @Abhishek012 @SSV @Arkapal Sen @D₹V @shivamk

Last edited:
Hi,

My personal laptop became unusable and I need a new one ASAP.

Going by personal experience with office Lenovo laptops, I am inclined towards it.
My Budget is <50K inr and usage is typical docs/video watching. Not rigorous programming or t*rren*t downloading.
From the official website I have narrowed down the following now

Item 1 : 46K INR

IdeaPad Slim 3 Gen 8 , 39.62cms - AMD R5 (Arctic Grey)​

Processor - AMD Ryzen™ 5 7520U Processor (2.80 GHz up to 4.30 GHz)
Graphic Card - Integrated AMD Radeon™ 610M
Memory -16 GB LPDDR5-5500MHz (Soldered)

Item 2 : 50K INR

ThinkPad E16 40.64cms - AMD Ryzen 5​

Processor - AMD Ryzen™ 5 7530U Processor (2.00 GHz up to 4.50 GHz)
Graphic Card - Integrated AMD Radeon™
Memory - 16 GB DDR4-3200MHz - (8 GB Soldered + 8 GB SODIMM)

Even though the 2nd item is 4K INR costlier it still uses DDR4. Hence, I am going for Item 1.
High Urgency as I need to buy in a day.
Please suggest me how to get a good deal on this? Heard someone in this forum talking about corporate offer too. whats that?
If there is a student deal on this, will any Finto be willing to share a coupon ?

cc : @Abhishek012 @SSV @Arkapal Sen @D₹V @shivamk
I am extremely sorry , I can only provide you information in how to get best offer in the last week of September ( ie Dusserah sale). you will definitely save around 5K at a minimum on this if you can wait for 45 days..

Last edited:
I am extremely sorry , I can only provide you information in how to get best offer in the last week of September ( ie Dusserah sale). you will definitely save around 5K at a minimum on this if you wan wait for 45 days..
not possible. need it badly.

If you are inclined towards Lenovo then you can opt for Thinkbook 16
Specs are:
Screenshot_20240809-120246.jpg

Good number of ports too... Including 2 USB-A, A thunderbolt port, a usb-c, card reader and ethernet port

not possible. need it badly.
I understand it.. this is exactly where we need to plan and buy thing well in advance and time it well ..
Imagine, if you have bought this during last year Dusserah sale.. I know it wont help you in this case. I am just reminding you how to plan our big purchases for future..

anyway , coming back to your current scenario..
It seems you are buying the latest and greatest version .. Am I right ?? I didn't see complete configuration.. I am very busy these days..

Another tip: never buy the latest and greates version in Electronoics.. always one version before that gives the best value..

do you really need this model right now? . It says the latest launch..

Whats the difference between

3Y Premium Care with Onsite upgrade from 1Y Onsite​

3Y Accidental Damage Protection Add On​

Can I double dip if I buy from Lenovo site? they already have some 5% discount.

What is students offer in it ?

Whats the difference between

3Y Premium Care with Onsite upgrade from 1Y Onsite​

3Y Accidental Damage Protection Add On​

Can I double dip if I buy from Lenovo site? they already have some 5% discount.

What is students offer in it ?
after all your research, before you click on buy button.. let me know how much price you are getting.. I will see if Ican provide you better advise..

BTW, what do you mean by doubl dip.. I understand 5% off thing. what is your first dip?

Back