• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

LazyPay - SBM Credit card coming soon

Any idea y this sbm bank everywhere?
Y they don't go to other bank? Is this a shady bank?
I don't think the bank is shady, after all it's second largest bank in Mauritius in terms of market share. SBM stands for State Bank of Mauritius.

It seems to be everywhere because the newer generation fintech companies / startups are mostly tying up with SBM to offer secured credit cards. I am not sure if SBM offers unsecured credit cards.

LazyPay is sending out emails to their customers informing that their LazyCard is going to be paused after 30th November. However, there are at least two variations of this message. One that says "Not a good bye, see you soon" and another that will say "Your LazyCard is transforming, look out for an invite soon".

Based on the email I received (first one, indicating non eligibility of their future card), they sort of leaked that they are launching a co-branded credit card with RBL Bank. How? The image in the email had the file name "RBL Card not approved-1.jpg".

:sneaky:

LazyPay is sending out emails to their customers informing that their LazyCard is going to be paused after 30th November. However, there are at least two variations of this message. One that says "Not a good bye, see you soon" and another that will say "Your LazyCard is transforming, look out for an invite soon".

Based on the email I received (first one, indicating non eligibility of their future card), they sort of leaked that they are launching a co-branded credit card with RBL Bank. How? The image in the email had the file name "RBL Card not approved-1.jpg".

:sneaky:
So it seems that those who recieve message "Not a good bye, see you soon" won't be receiving card.

Not right away at least, might just invite you or preapprove at some later stage. Also possible that they will go with secured and unsecured cards, or partner up with multiple banks (a la OneCard).

I already have a RBL co-branded card, so unlikely to receive any invite ever.

Not right away at least, might just invite you or preapprove at some later stage. Also possible that they will go with secured and unsecured cards, or partner up with multiple banks (a la OneCard).

I already have a RBL co-branded card, so unlikely to receive any invite ever.
Yes. They may issue secured card to some and unsecured to some.

"I already have a RBL co-branded card, so unlikely to receive any invite ever."

So banks do not offer more than one co branded card?

Back