• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Plus Traveler for Amex Platinum Charge Card coming soon?

AmEx allows 2 credit and 1 charge card right? how can this card be added into the trifecta?
Yes that's the ideal case.

There are users holding 2 Credit Cards + 2 Charge Cards. Imagine a case where you hold 2 Credit Cards (MRCC, Platinum Travel) + Gold Charge Card, then Amex can send you upgrade offer on credit cards (MRCC, Platinum travel) in that case you can hold 2 Charge cards. But if upgrade comes on Gold charge to Plat charge card only 1 charge will be there.

Platinum travel to platinum reserve card. Platinum reserve is not good I don’t use the card as it has no benefit except the Accor traveller & eazy diner benefits
Yes that's the worst upgrade in my view. Spend now has increased to 50000 per month to get 2% voucher earlier it was 25000 and 2% voucher. Now annual fees raised to 10000. Luckily my wife got Reserve at 5K in March 2024 and now they are giving all the benefits. But there are chances of Waiver for less than 10L spends too. Let's see.

Yes . . ( but I am not sure if it is for every CC to every CC..
for PT to P reserve - yes...
This might be because they’re on same pool ( under platinum cards). Recently when I was travelling in Delhi Airport and Chennai Airport there was Amex kiosk they were mentioning they will only source Platinum cards there.

Amex Plat Charge, Plat Reserve and Plat Travel.

This might be because they’re on same pool ( under platinum cards). Recently when I was travelling in Delhi Airport and Chennai Airport there was Amex kiosk they were mentioning they will only source Platinum cards there.

Amex Plat Charge, Plat Reserve and Plat Travel.
yes . most likely

How exactly you justify the 60k? or is it just one of those "I can therefore I do".
I just found the 125k MR points as bonus worth it to enrol for first year

Whether I continue with the card in the second year is something which I will decide closer to the end of the 1 year period

What are your reasons to even consider the option at the moment ?

Back