• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Card Lessons learned while paying more then the credit limit from SBI Card

Quick question - If I pay more than my limit and then transact the amount which is higher than my sanctioned limit, (but still falls under the temporary credit that I have paid), will I have to bear overlimit charges? Will the transaction go through?
I didn’t incurred any transaction charges or over limit charges

Yes, even SBI didn’t allow it. The only way to go over limit is to pay for your card through NEFT transfer.
Not payment even transaction let's say you have credit limit of 1.4l but there is a item you have to purchase of 1.6l you might add another 20k as extra to your cc and your limit in negative shows 1.6l but when you try to swipe for 1.6l the transaction decline stating limit capped to 1.4l so this excess add and pay will also be blocked because to encourage overlimit to make money out of you despite you have money

Not payment even transaction let's say you have credit limit of 1.4l but there is a item you have to purchase of 1.6l you might add another 20k as extra to your cc and your limit in negative shows 1.6l but when you try to swipe for 1.6l the transaction decline stating limit capped to 1.4l so this excess add and pay will also be blocked because to encourage overlimit to make money out of you despite you have money
Then may be i was just lucky😝

Back