• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

(Limit increase)Update your SBI App and check if you have limit increase option under benefits.

I have been trying to increase my limit for the last month.
I was trying the same thing from the SBI cards web portal. It's showing an approved limit of 3x for my current CB limit.

But when I raised the request a month back. They closed the SR by themselves.
I escalated this to the nodal team. they said there is no pre-approved limit enhancement offer for me. Then he raised a manual request and asked for my salary slips. I submitted those and 2 days back, I received a response saying- due to internal policies, my request was denied.

Now, again I have raised this request through mobile banking. Let's see.
That depends on your take home & exposure.
If they denied last month after sering your income docs,I don't think there's any chance.

I have been trying to increase my limit for the last month.
I was trying the same thing from the SBI cards web portal. It's showing an approved limit of 3x for my current CB limit.

But when I raised the request a month back. They closed the SR by themselves.
I escalated this to the nodal team. they said there is no pre-approved limit enhancement offer for me. Then he raised a manual request and asked for my salary slips. I submitted those and 2 days back, I received a response saying- due to internal policies, my request was denied.

Now, again I have raised this request through mobile banking. Let's see.
Same happened with me last year. I was also got excited to see new limit offered but then they asked to submit salary slip. But still they denied LE. This went for a month.
I am yet to receive app update.

46k to 3 L (instant rejection)
46k to 1L ( They asked for 3 month bank statement & ItR), so try with with max limit on your other cards,then probably they will increase.

Strange i have received sms regarding limit enhancement from SBI but it is not showing in SBI card app.
SMS:
Congrats! Credit Limit of your SBI Card ending cardnumberhere can be increased from Rs. 100000 to Rs. 120000 free of charge. SMS INCR to 5676791 by 01Sep24.T&C
After sending message.
Reply message:
Dear SBI Cardholder,your Credit Limit Offer Service Request No.13833xxx for Card No. ending XXXX has been processed successfully.Get instant access to exclusive services and account info on SBI Card App. Download now: http://bit.ly/SBICard-App
With in a min checked in app it is showing updated limit
Cibil 700

My mom got this on net banking- holding 2 cards: Simplyclick: 48k, Reliance: 52k
literally no limit enhancement is being allowed by the bank, even though there's an option to increase it till 3L. She has held an SBI card since Feb 2023. Not a single LE since

My mom got this on net banking- holding 2 cards: Simplyclick: 48k, Reliance: 52k
literally no limit enhancement is being allowed by the bank, even though there's an option to increase it till 3L. She has held an SBI card since Feb 2023. Not a single LE since
I know people who have card since 2019, no LE .
He's having upto 5× in other cards. Central govt employee, salary account with SBI(I know Sbicards is different org) .
That's SBI for you.

@imdjay At first looking at feature I was like WOW, SBI is using Tech to increase the limit and thought they would be generous on Over Leverage which we don't understand. But the same old story with them.
When I first saw that two of my three SBI cards were showing a 3x limit increase on the portal, I was excited and thought of sharing it here. However, I decided to test it myself first. To my disappointment, it turned out to be a fake message, raising false hopes for credit card enthusiasts like us.

I then contacted phone support after they closed my ticket without a response. They informed me that the credit limit request could only be made through customer care. A new request was generated, and I was asked to submit salary slips. After sending them, the request was declined a few days later.

I escalated the issue to the Nodal team, explaining that I was receiving pre-approved increase offers but my requests were being declined. They confirmed that there was no pre-approved offer on my account. Still, they raised another limit increase request and asked for salary slips again, which was also declined due to "internal reasons."

Recently, I tried again through the SBI cards app and linked my salary account. However, since I'm between jobs and my last salary is still pending for full and final settlement, the app now asks for salary slips when I open the limit increase page. Whether it's bad luck or SBI’s flawed process, the result remains the same: no limit increase.

Back