• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Locker Services with Bank Accounts

krishc

TF Ace
Today I checked out the big 3 viz. ICICI, HDFC & SBI for a locker for my mother.
ICICI told me it'd take an FD plus another heavy recurring annual investment for them to allot a locker, annual charges 5300, only one size available.
HDFC flat out said there's none available.
SBI said only Branch manager deals with locker matters and kept me waiting - so I left after a time.

Does anyone know of any other bank who provides good locker services and with less demands than that of ICICI.

ya... getting locker directly is the cheapest way. but they dont usually give for normal customer without taking any policies. only ppl who maintain high NRV might get it for free. else, it is difficult to get locker. these BM's dont allot usually.
I understand, having valuables and then protecting them is another cost. I have since stayed away from physical gold. At times it does become a handicap/liability.

Today I checked out the big 3 viz. ICICI, HDFC & SBI for a locker for my mother.
ICICI told me it'd take an FD plus another heavy recurring annual investment for them to allot a locker, annual charges 5300, only one size available.
HDFC flat out said there's none available.
SBI said only Branch manager deals with locker matters and kept me waiting - so I left after a time.

Does anyone know of any other bank who provides good locker services and with less demands than that of ICICI.
Aa far as i know AU bank is providing the cheapest lockers to its customers having Royale Account. You just need to open a royale account by giving them 1 Lac and you are good to go. Locker will cost you around Rs.850

Are FDs manadatory for getting lockers?
For AU bank it is mandatory to open an FD worth Rs.30000 even though if you have a Royal Account. You can also consider Indusind Bank Exclusive Bank account. With this you can get 50% off in lockers which will cost you around 1200. Minimum deposit for both AU bank Royal account and Indusind Bank Exclusive is 1Lac.

Back