• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Looking for best grocery/departmental store shopping CC

AllSeeker

TF Ace
As the thread title says, I've been looking for grocery related CC, that's the largest spend on my spend sheet and I would like to have a CC that can help there with maximum rewards/cashback.

I was interested in Kotak essentia, but that's not being issued anymore. Any good easy alternatives?

Please note I will apply C2C only, preferably there shouldn't be too much hassle. I do have 5-6 other CC with highest limit of 1.8 lacs and lowest 31k.

BOB easy does have 5x rewards on departmental store spends ... Maybe other cards are better
Would be helpful if you also mentioned you average transaction amount
My monthly spend in grocery/department stores in between 7k-15k, it depends on what month it is and how many festivals there are and most importantly, if my wife is tagging along with me or not :ROFLMAO:

As the thread title says, I've been looking for grocery related CC, that's the largest spend on my spend sheet and I would like to have a CC that can help there with maximum rewards/cashback.

I was interested in Kotak essentia, but that's not being issued anymore. Any good easy alternatives?

Please note I will apply C2C only, preferably there shouldn't be too much hassle. I do have 5-6 other CC with highest limit of 1.8 lacs and lowest 31k.
You should definitely explore the Standard Chartered Manhattan CC; it offers 5% Cashback on all Grocery shopping.

I’ve been using it since 2017 and it has a pretty good reward benefits I feel especially for monthly supermarket runs.

You should definitely explore the Standard Chartered Manhattan CC; it offers 5% Cashback on all Grocery shopping.

I’ve been using it since 2017 and it has a pretty good reward benefits I feel especially for monthly supermarket runs.
Thank you, does it have annual fees? Straight cashback or rewards redemption?

Thank you, does it have annual fees? Straight cashback or rewards redemption?
Yes the Manhattan Card has annual fees of 999/- but I guess it gets reversed on spending 1L in a year.

Also if not; the cashback received sets off all the paid cost.

Cashback is only for spends on groceries and supermarkets which can directly be redeemed against statement amount.

Rest all transactions gives rewards points which can be redeemed via the rewards portal

Check HSBC cashback. 10% on almost all offline grocery giants like Dmart, Rel. Mart, Star Bazaar.

Check HSBC cashback. 10% on almost all offline grocery giants like Dmart, Rel. Mart, Star Bazaar.
Very Appreciative. I did read review on TF website. And internally only focused on it being HDFC Swiggy competitor and not even considered it. Would have missed it had you not pointed this. Thanks!

If you order Groceries online using BigBasket, then you can get the Tata Neu Infinite card.
It offers 10% cashback as Neu points.

If you order them from Swiggy, Amazon or even if you can swipe your card at a grocery store, then get the Amex MRCC card.
You get 1000 bonus points on 6k monthly spends and additional points on every purchase.

This can also be used for buying vouchers and using multipliers to maximise the reward rate.
(First year free, second-year costs 1500 but there are discounts and it gets waived off on 1.5 lac spends)

If you order Groceries online using BigBasket, then you can get the Tata Neu Infinite card.

If you order them from Swiggy, Amazon or even if you can swipe your card at a grocery store, then get the Amex MRCC card.
You get 1000 bonus points on 6k monthly spends and additional points on every purchase.

This can also be used for buying vouchers and using multipliers to maximise the reward rate.
(First year free, second-year costs 1500 but there are discounts and it gets waived off on 1.5 lac spends)
Thanks cool guy! Every information helps.

Though, I am looking for POS Card for MCC 5411 using by CSD- MoD.

Im
Thanks cool guy! Every information helps.

Though, I am looking for POS Card for MCC 5411 using by CSD- MoD.
2.5% value back I'm getting from bpcl octane and zenith cards on CSD shopping. Don't know about the MCC you specifically mentioned. Tried using hs-bc cashback this month. Will update cashback rate

HSBC Cashback credit card

Try to apply and hope for the best

The prices on BigBasket are much higher than on Dmart or even reliance.

Back