• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Help Picking a Credit Card for Groceries and departmental store spends!

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
Hey everyone,

I'm on the hunt for a new credit card to use for my regular shopping trips to grocery stores and department stores. Ideally, I'd like a card that offers good cashback or rewards on these purchases, but without a high minimum spend requirement to qualify for those benefits.

Since I shop at a variety of stores, it would be great if the card is widely accepted at most department stores. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here's what I'm looking for:

• Great rewards/cashback on groceries and department stores: Earning some money back on my everyday purchases would be a big plus.
  • Low minimum transaction value for rewards: I don't want to have to worry about meeting a high spending threshold each month to qualify for cashback or rewards.
  • Widely accepted at department stores: The flexibility to use the card at most major department stores is important.
Any advice from the credit card gurus out there would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

SBI Prime fits your requirement if you consider 2.5% to be great.
You will even get a free pizza every quarter.

Cashback % Depends on Location.

At my Location it is 12% upto 500 .
Depends on limit and usage. My limit is 40k and the cashback is always 12%. My Father's limit is above 1L and his cashback is 20% and after usage it drops to 14 then to 12. Don't use the card for some time it again goes to 20%.

Back