• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Lounge Access for Children

cardwala

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Many of us hold credit cards (including priority pass) for free acces to domestic and international lounges. Your spouse and parents are also able to access these lounges using their cards or as an add-on to your card.

But banks don't issue credit cards or add-on cards to kids below 18 years. So it is at discretion of the staff at entry of lounge to allow free access to kids or using the card in parents name. In some/most cases they may refuse.

Is there any definitive way kids can access domestic & international lounges.

I believe others have also faced a similar situation where they didn't accessed the lounge as they can't leave the kids outside.

Pras

TF Buzz
Usually Staff allow the kids using the alternate card in parent's name. Key is to have multiple cards which provides such Lounge access.
AFAIK, In general, Lounge is interested in their charges paid by bank than who is using the card (Kid etc..)
However, this may vary depending upon
a) how busy the Lounge is (this is usually the case in common transit hubs, so they tend to decline frequently)
b) how prestigious the lounge is (Like they want to avoid overcrowding by allowing easy entry and maintain a balanced crowd to provide quality experience)

Jitendra P

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Many of us hold credit cards (including priority pass) for free acces to domestic and international lounges. Your spouse and parents are also able to access these lounges using their cards or as an add-on to your card.

But banks don't issue credit cards or add-on cards to kids below 18 years. So it is at discretion of the staff at entry of lounge to allow free access to kids or using the card in parents name. In some/most cases they may refuse.

Is there any definitive way kids can access domestic & international lounges.

I believe others have also faced a similar situation where they didn't accessed the lounge as they can't leave the kids outside.
The definitive solution to this is taking a credit card that allows free guest visits on priority pass (Axis Magnus or Reserve).

For domestic, almost all lounges will allow children on a card with the parent's name (other than the one you used for yourself). Just carry some additional cards for this purpose.

SujeethP

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
This week in Chennai Demestic Lounge, they didnt ask for any card for 6 yr kid. In Goa, they asked for any additonal card to swipe for a kid.

hashiro7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
This week in Chennai Demestic Lounge, they didnt ask for any card for 6 yr kid. In Goa, they asked for any additonal card to swipe for a kid.
It all depends on the person who is at the counter and his mood 😅
BLR airport - the person didn't ask for the boarding pass, just tap the card and let me enter the lounge (around 9:30 am in the morning).

ltf4ever

TF Ace
It all depends on the person who is at the counter and his mood 😅
BLR airport - the person didn't ask for the boarding pass, just tap the card and let me enter the lounge (around 9:30 am in the morning).
true .i have even used the lounge for 6 hours many time when there was no rush and the receptionist was in no mood to check any passes/names :D