• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

LTF Hsbc platinum credit card as self employed

stoptomove

TF Buzz
Is hsbc platinum credit card can be applied as self employed? I see an option on application page. Hsbc only allowing salaried persons. How to apply as self employed?

Screenshot_20240428-182019_Edge.jpg

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Is hsbc platinum credit card can be applied as self employed? I see an option on application page. Hsbc only allowing salaried persons. How to apply as self employed?

Screenshot_20240428-182019_Edge.jpg
If you are self employed- no chance…

Funny thing is they do card to card based application as well.. guess what, after applying for this also they need either salary slip or salary deposited bank statement…
I really don’t know what do they mean by C2C … funny banks and their policies../

For self employed- need to have banking relationship such as SB or CA

Last edited:

stoptomove

TF Buzz
If you are self employed- no chance…

Funny thing is they do card to card based application as well.. guess what, after applying for this also they need either salary slip or salary deposited bank statement…
I really don’t know what do they mean by C2C … funny banks and their policies../

For self employed- need to have banking relationship such as SB or CA
Found this "Open HSBC Savings account with 1.5 lac monthly balance criteria, then they consider self-employed"

HSBC normally is very strict n do not dilute their eligibility criterion.

I was having 3 of their CCs - all before 2005 and did a lot of trxns (going by the-then rates). I was also having their SB till 2004.

Despite this, they refused to give a CC now. I get 8.5L as pension - which is treated as SALARY by tge ITD. This is beside rents, dividends, interests n other income streams. Still, they said a big NO.

Escalated it to L1, L2, L3 and now to their country head. Not that, I am dying to get their card. But, this is silly - as they give CCs even for those who get a salary of only 4L - even from a private company like my own private company. His job n salary may vanish - but my Pension will be there for me till I live. Which is a safer bet ?

That's what I asked the head of HSBC now. I am awaiting for his response.

I was having 3 of their CCs - all before 2005 and did a lot of trxns (going by the-then rates). I was also having their SB till 2004.

Despite this, they refused to give a CC now. I get 8.5L as pension - which is treated as SALARY by tge ITD. This is beside rents, dividends, interests n other income streams. Still, they said a big NO.

Escalated it to L1, L2, L3 and now to their country head. Not that, I am dying to get their card. But, this is silly - as they give CCs even for those who get a salary of only 4L - even from a private company like my own private company. His job n salary may vanish - but my Pension will be there for me till I live. Which is a safer bet ?

The elderly have a greater chance of health issues requiring great spends that can eat away at their income. The elderly can also die soon, leaving behind a CC debt that can be hard for the banks to collect.

The elderly have a greater chance of health issues requiring great spends that can eat away at their income. The elderly can also die soon, leaving behind a CC debt that can be hard for the banks to collect.
Then why are they giving cards upto 65 ? Moreso, when salaried class is expected to retire at 60 ? And, self employed are given CCs upto 65 - only if they maintain SB/CA account. How illogical is their logic ?

You are wrong. Only for new CC applicatipns, this age limit of 65 (only for some banks) is there. Ecisting CC holders are getting renewed CCs till even 85 yrs. My own family friends n senior batchmates are examples.
Oh ok, I stand corrected.

Anyways, sir. It doesn't look good to hanker after new credit cards at this ripe old age, especially if one already has credit cards. This is the age to sip coffee, read the newspaper, play with the grandkids, dwell on the Lord above etc. Or maybe become a sanyasi.

Kama (pleasures) and Artha (material craving like credit cards) should be in the past. This is the time to focus on Dharma and Moksha exclusively.

Oh ok, I stand corrected.

Anyways, sir. It doesn't look good to hanker after new credit cards at this ripe old age, especially if one already has credit cards. This is the age to sip coffee, read the newspaper, play with the grandkids, dwell on the Lord above etc. Or maybe become a sanyasi.

Kama (pleasures) and Artha (material craving like credit cards) should be in the past. This is the time to focus on Dharma and Moksha exclusively.
I know. I am doing not for myself.... I told so in this thread a few posts earlier. It is something which needs to be rectified at HSBC. I do not need their cards now. But, when I spoke to their team manager, floor manager and a couple of processing guys in HSBC Mumbai, they told me that this issue is affecting a lot of applicants. Many decide not to do anything about it. I took it up and taken the issue upto their country head. Let us see... I may not take their card as I shall be in USA for a 6 month stay from Mid-May.

good_man

TF Select
I know. I am doing not for myself.... I told so in this thread a few posts earlier. It is something which needs to be rectified at HSBC. I do not need their cards now. But, when I spoke to their team manager, floor manager and a couple of processing guys in HSBC Mumbai, they told me that this issue is affecting a lot of applicants. Many decide not to do anything about it. I took it up and taken the issue upto their country head. Let us see... I may not take their card as I shall be in USA for a 6 month stay from Mid-May.
I was in the same boat as yours, and had escalated it to the country head and CEO. No results in the end.

This was despite that fact that I am quite a prominent person in my industry and have even served on the advisory board of a few banks in the past. All of this headache just because of the fact that I am now self employed with my own international business and that this bank hates businessmen, especially if they do not have a formal bank account with HSBC.

Its a real shame that such a mentality pervades our country even to this day inspite of the emphasis on entrepreneurship in our leading business schools.

People in your age group should be respected for their contribution to the society and the future generations, instead of being lectured by the relatively young and immature generation.

Riya

TF Ace
E

Exactly.... They have very weird criteria for card approval...
And on top of that, HSBC cards come maybe even below ICICI cards in terms of rewards.... Still such attitude