• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus - 1st Mar Transactions showing 28th Feb..

Avijeet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dhoka Pro Max by Axis ...

Transactions done on 1st March .... showing 28th Feb as transaction date ...

All the sms and e-mail says 1st March ....

As I had travel plans from 1st to 6th ...

I did the transactions (achieved milestone) but today when I checked the un billed sections ... I discovered this ...

@admin please share your opinion on this ...

Attachments

• image_picker1155947830753836170.jpg
    image_picker1155947830753836170.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 104
nothing against anyone, but.. any specific reason to carry out the transaction at midnight?

for the milestone, had a full 31 days to carry out the swipe. could have waited 24 hours.
From 5 th March it will not be counted for milestone and it will take 2 to 3 days to settle the transaction that's why .

Hi I did one txn on 2nd march of 1 lakh exact amount .
My 6000 er for that points are still notncredited .
And other txns done on 1st and 2nd march got properly credited .

nothing against anyone, but.. any specific reason to carry out the transaction at midnight?

for the milestone, had a full 31 days to carry out the swipe. could have waited 24 hours.
I had a flight to catch ... and the return was on the 6th ... wanted to avoid the 5th of March - Insurance confusion ....

This issue is not just for Axis Card. The same thing happens in HDFC as well.

The reason for this is that, the Time Zone of the server which registers transactions is different. It is mostly UK time or sometimes US time.

So even though we get SMS/Email with timestamp as per Indian Time, the one that gets registered to the Bank for the Statement is as per the Server Time.

So it's safer to wait until it UK/US timezone reflects the same date as that in India. So 4.5 hours after midnight is when you must make the transaction (for UK time which is the most common server time used by these cards), safer to wait 10.5 hours after midnight (for US time).

Thumb rule is make the payment after 4:30 AM (or after 10:30 AM) to get it to reflect today's date.

I guess wait till statement is generated and hopefully dates might be correct there. I'll lose out on last month's milestone if this is how they calculate.
I got my Feb milestone benefit. I had a refund for a Feb txn which got credited in March. If it had got adjusted in Feb I shouldn't have reached the milestone. I had also a Feb 28 txn which shows as settled on March 1. I can't tell what gave.

This issue is not just for Axis Card. The same thing happens in HDFC as well.

The reason for this is that, the Time Zone of the server which registers transactions is different. It is mostly UK time or sometimes US time.

So even though we get SMS/Email with timestamp as per Indian Time, the one that gets registered to the Bank for the Statement is as per the Server Time.

So it's safer to wait until it UK/US timezone reflects the same date as that in India. So 4.5 hours after midnight is when you must make the transaction (for UK time which is the most common server time used by these cards), safer to wait 10.5 hours after midnight (for US time).

Thumb rule is make the payment after 4:30 AM (or after 10:30 AM) to get it to reflect today's date.
Yeah this is the case I guess. Happened with me too but with Amex. Transaction I did at around 2 am appeared with the previous day's date. So they must be going as per server time.

I got my Feb milestone benefit. I had a refund for a Feb txn which got credited in March. If it had got adjusted in Feb I shouldn't have reached the milestone. I had also a Feb 28 txn which shows as settled on March 1. I can't tell what gave.
I had one transaction in January and it was reversed in February (no transaction in February). I didn't get January or February milestones. So, I think refunds are at least adjusted properly for same transaction month.

I had one transaction in January and it was reversed in February (no transaction in February). I didn't get January or February milestones. So, I think refunds are at least adjusted properly for same transaction month.
Interesting. This was a partial refund, so not sure if that could be why Axis did not adjust correctly. I don't see how I was able to achieve otherwise. Anyway, no complaints :)

Dhoka Pro Max by Axis ...

Transactions done on 1st March .... showing 28th Feb as transaction date ...

All the sms and e-mail says 1st March ....

As I had travel plans from 1st to 6th ...

I did the transactions (achieved milestone) but today when I checked the un billed sections ... I discovered this ...

@admin please share your opinion on this ...
whats the status ?? Did Axis support was able to resolve this ? or we'll get to know in this month's milestone credit

Back