• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus 4B vs Axis Atlas - For Travel edge flight booking

msankadi

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Pretty much the title - which one would be more profitable in terms of RP - I have both the cards need to decide which one to use

Will mostly transfer these points/miles to Accor - So how much worth points and % back will I get from both cards - for a 10k flight booking on Travel edge

Assuming non-AEP spend (m4b) and not getting milestone benefit (atlas)
m4b:
ER Points = (10000*12*5)/(200) = 3,000
Effective Accor Points = 2,400 (You missed the Accor offer:/)

Atlas
EM = (10000*5)/(100) = 500
Effective Accor Points = 1000 (You missed the Accor offer:/)
Bhai @m4b I dont know what am I missing but while looking at the website to transfer miles..it is showing 1 EM = 0.5 Accor points and not 2 accor points as you mentioned

Please see below screenshot ...can you tell me what am I doing wrong or is an Edge "Indian Oil" Mile less valuable compared to Edge "Atlas" Mile?

1721832379452.webp

Bhai @m4b I dont know what am I missing but while looking at the website to transfer miles..it is showing 1 EM = 0.5 Accor points and not 2 accor points as you mentioned

Please see below screenshot ...can you tell me what am I doing wrong or is an Edge "Indian Oil" Mile less valuable compared to Edge "Atlas" Mile?

View attachment 62335
Maybe because it's the Indian oil card and not atlas?

View attachment 62335
Yes the ratio is 2:1, Atlas is 1:2.
So the new Indian oil card miles are worth one fourth of Atlas miles

It's best to have a 5% cashback card for fuel
No headache of keeping track of points and converting them to anything

Yes that's fine but I had 3000 citi Indian oil points worth 3000 rupees of petrol... And now when axis took over they gave me only 1500 rupees worth benefit... I am talking about that

I hardly use 1000-1500 rupees fuel per quarter as I mostly prefer to take cabs instead of driving ..so I don't really need a card specific to fuel

The problem is which is the best partner from Group B after finishing the two lakh quota of Group A?

Vistara points are worth 75 to 90 Paisa but they will be converted to Air India points at 1:1 ratio and Air India points are worth 50 Paisa for domestic flights and 30 paisa for international flights.

so which is the best option to convert points beyond 2 lakh?
I still feel Air India is a good to go transfer partner after merging with Vistara. Although worth 1:0.5, some sectors are cheap, especially the common frequented airports such as Bom, Blr, Maa, Del, Hyd, Pnq etc. Cheapest Airmiles required in Air India are - Blr-Maa : 2000, Bom-Pnq : 2500, Blr-Hyd : 3500, Bom-Bdq : 3500. Lets hope, this list expands after Vistara merger. (y)

I still feel Air India is a good to go transfer partner after merging with Vistara. Although worth 1:0.5, some sectors are cheap, especially the common frequented airports such as Bom, Blr, Maa, Del, Hyd, Pnq etc. Cheapest Airmiles required in Air India are - Blr-Maa : 2000, Bom-Pnq : 2500, Blr-Hyd : 3500, Bom-Bdq : 3500. Lets hope, this list expands after Vistara merger. (y)
A big relief from air vistara hub and spoke model once air india starts onboarding our FFP👍

yes Explain.. Generally all airlines Miles in Economy is worth .5 to .8.. and in very rare case it gives u 1rs depending on sector.. Only talking about Economy here.
Yes it makes sense to only talk about economy, because if you are paying cash from your pocket you will buy economy tickets.
This is true for most people.

Delhi to Dubai return was showing Air India points to be 75 paisa

Yes it makes sense to only talk about economy, because if you are paying cash from your pocket you will buy economy tickets.
This is true for most people.

Delhi to Dubai return was showing Air India points to be 75 paisa
Yes. In continuation, BOM-DXB return is 32000 AI miles, wheras BOM-AUH return is a mere 24000 AI miles. (lowest revenue cost for return trip is Rs. 12800 excl conv fees, highest is Rs. 35000 excl conv fees) So, return ranges from 50 paise to 1.4 Rs. per AI mile.

Yes. In continuation, BOM-DXB return is 32000 AI miles, wheras BOM-AUH return is a mere 24000 AI miles. (lowest revenue cost for return trip is Rs. 12800 excl conv fees, highest is Rs. 35000 excl conv fees) So, return ranges from 50 paise to 1.4 Rs. per AI mile.
Always consider the cheapest revenue flight (direct or max 1 stopover) to calculate the mile value.
So Air India miles are 50 paisa

Back