• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus Burgundy 12% reward rate on travel edge?

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey folks,

I have the Axis Magnus Burgundy.

This article https://www.cardexpert.in/axis-magnus-review/ says traveledge has 12% returns:

Can someone explain how is it 12% because official site says:
- 60 edge points for 200 = 30%.
- If you consider a 5:4 redemption then it's 24%.

Why does the article say 12%? I want to book flight tickets and confused between this card and Infinia
12% is reward rate for magnus without burgundy on travel edge with 5:2 ratio ..

svs_23

TF Select
Ah right! Dumb of me, how did I miss that 🙈 Thanks!

So 24% of magnus b vs 33% of infinia with convenience fees! Need to do some math!
Infinia flights are only 16.7% and they reduced conversion ratio to miles or hotel points.
So if u get 24% of your booking as reward points of day Accor from Axis, you get only 8.35% of Accor points from HDFC

so you are still better off buying flights using travel edge even if it is slightly more expensive.

woolooloo

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Infinia flights are only 16.7% and they reduced conversion ratio to miles or hotel points.
So if u get 24% of your booking as reward points of day Accor from Axis, you get only 8.35% of Accor points from HDFC

so you are still better off buying flights using travel edge even if it is slightly more expensive.
Ah man this is so confusing! Okay, so I guess my best bet is to use travel edge -> redeem for Accor / ITC points

drsel

TF Legend
Hey folks,

I have the Axis Magnus Burgundy.

This article https://www.cardexpert.in/axis-magnus-review/ says traveledge has 12% returns:

Can someone explain how is it 12% because official site says:
- 60 edge points for 200 = 30%.
- If you consider a 5:4 redemption then it's 24%.

Why does the article say 12%? I want to book flight tickets and confused between this card and Infinia
Do you have Infinia ?
if not then forget about it.

Anyway Infinia returns on Smartbuy flight bookings are only 15.55% provided you use the points to buy more airtickets on Smartbuy. (Other options of using Infinia points give much lower returns.)
15.55% return (not 16.67%) is after considering that you can pay only 70% of the 2nd airfare with Infinia points. 30% has to be paid with real money.

First delete all cookies and temp files.
Open Google incognito or Firefox safe mode
Check the fare on kayak.com.
Use + /- 3 days for the departure flights and return flights to know the date of the cheapest departure and cheapest return flight.

Then open Traveledge again in Google incognito or Firefox safe mode and then search for flights.
Buy one ticket at a time
you will get a price closer to the actual fare.
24% return with Magnus Burgundy
12% return with plain old Magnus.

Last edited: