• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus on Gpay Tap and Pay

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Have any of you tried adding your Magnus on GPay? It shows up as "Please Contact Your Bank **** 9876" rather than "Axis Bank **** 9876”.

Interestingly, their Burgundy Debit card shows up fine. I would have added screenshots but Android stops you since it contains sensitive data.

How incompetent really is Axis Bank?

TF Ace
TF Family
I have added the cc to gpay but for all the QRs I have scanned, 10s of them at least, I only get an option to pay via bank account and never via cc.
Already answered:

Last edited:

jayks

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Have any of you tried adding your Magnus on GPay? It shows up as "Please Contact Your Bank **** 9876" rather than "Axis Bank **** 9876”.

Interestingly, their Burgundy Debit card shows up fine. I would have added screenshots but Android stops you since it contains sensitive data.

How incompetent really is Axis Bank?
Even their FK Visa variant shows up as "Please Contact Your Bank". Seems like they don't care about these things. Tap to pay works fine tho in GPay.

TF Ace
TF Family
If you don't use something would you ever feel the lack of not having it? 🤌 🤌
Trust me if you use this feature once (Tap to Pay using Gpay/Paytm/iMobile) you might switch to Android! 😉

It's a blessing in disguise for those having multiple cards. Just with a tap you can enable/disable device NFC, a lot easier than changing card settings. 🙃

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Trust me if you use this feature once (Tap to Pay using Gpay/Paytm/iMobile) you might switch to Android! 😉

It's a blessing in disguise for those having multiple cards. Just with a tap you can enable/disable device NFC, a lot easier than changing card settings. 🙃
Only axus and sbi cards are supported right?

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Was not able to add amazon pay icici card when i got it

But for offline transactions i never used that card instead i used uni

Now after getting Regalia, i will switch my offline spends to Regalia

But i guess too late now

TF Ace
TF Family
Was not able to add amazon pay icici card when i got it

But for offline transactions i never used that card instead i used uni

Now after getting Regalia, i will switch my offline spends to Regalia

But i guess too late now
I have added Amazon Pay. Might not be supported when you tried. Also Regalia isn't a good option for offline spends, use Amazon Pay and get 2% back (default 1% + 1% for payment through HDFC Bill pay)!

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I have added Amazon Pay. Might not be supported when you tried. Also Regalia isn't a good option for offline spends, use Amazon Pay and get 2% back (default 1% + 1% for payment through HDFC Bill pay)!
Don't have HDFC account 🤣

Thinking to open one under family as father has Preffered account which HDFC employee could not find his accounts(s) at his own branch. HDFC always makes me laugh one way or the other 🤣🤣

Also base reward rate for Regalia is 1.33% vs 1% on amazon pay and actually focusing online spends on Regalia too because i want to upgrade it

0b110

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Already answered:
Is there any exclusions? I don't get option to pay via cc even on bharat qr codes. Just bank account. I have turned off nfc and tap and pay feature on my cc. Could that be a reason?

TF Ace
TF Family
Is there any exclusions? I don't get option to pay via cc even on bharat qr codes. Just bank account. I have turned off nfc and tap and pay feature on my cc. Could that be a reason?
To get the option you need to first add the cards to Gpay (for Android). Then if you scan any BharatQR code, you will also get an option to choose from saved cards (debit/credit) apart from UPI option.

Avijeet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
87K & 22K electricity bill using MAGNUS Credit Card on Gpay App ... not going through ...

It's saying
"You've exceeded the bank limit for this payment."

When I open the Saved Card on Gpay App ... Magnus card is showing "Please Contact Your Bank"
I called the bank and they confirmed that the card is successfully tokenized.

How to fix this?

mgolank

TF Neo
Can Utility Bill Payments be done through the magnus card added on gpay app? It is saying you have exceeded the bank limit... was trying to make electricity payment of 14k - Online transactions is active on the card, transactions happening smoothly on other online portals, limit is also available... Can someone plz help

Has anyone managed to add Magnus to Google Pay tap and pay? The app tells me to contact a number that belongs to Axis bank to authenticate. When I call, the customer care agent has no clue about google pay tap and pay. Tried 3 times today and the same result.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
I have a question - will tap and pay work on the Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G? I have added the cards in Google Pay and enabled tap and pay for the cards. However, it seems that if the phone doesn't support it, I won't be able to use it. Can anyone confirm, please?

Riva

TF Premier
Tap and pay needs NFC compatable phones. I do not think the redmi note 11 pro+ 5G India version has NFC. You could open setting and look for NFC under there. If it's there, turn it on and it should work.