• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Magnus, Reserve & Other Axis Bank Credit Cards | Devaluation w.e.f. 1st Sep 2023.

bugmenot

TF Ace
-- Edited Post --

Final Update

Official PDFs are now out
Magnus - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/mgtc.pdf

Reserve - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/rstc.pdf

Revision of Axis Bank Miles/Rewards Transfer Program - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defau...les-rewards-transfer-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Update: 2nd August

MyZone - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/mztc.pdf
Privilege - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/pvtc.pdf
Select - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/sltc.pdf
Ace - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/actc.pdf

Magnus devaluation highlights
  1. Revision in welcome benefits, which are more or less matching with the leaked screenshots
  2. Change in annual fee - ₹12,500 + GST
  3. No more renewal benefit
  4. Spend criteria for fee waiver is now double - 25L
  5. Exclusion of government institutions and utilities MCCs for earning ERs
  6. RIP 25,000ER/1L milestone benefit
  7. Revised transfer ratio of 5:2
  8. 5L ER points cap for transfer
  9. Burgundy account scheme
Reserve devaluation highlights
  1. Spend criteria for fee waiver is revised to 35L
  2. Exclusion of government institutions and utilities MCCs for earning ERs
  3. Revised transfer ratio of 5:2
  4. 5L ER points cap for transfer
  5. Burgundy private account scheme

Aap Chronology Samajiye
  • 📄 Few leaked screenshots of PDF started floating for Magnus and Reserve having potential devaulation
  • 🐦Few folks on Twitter acknowledged the upcoming devaulation by contacting their RMs or insiders from CC department
  • 🎧 Customer Care team were like "Whot Daa Phaak" is going on. They were unaware about these news, some were saying yes and some no
  • 😡 Outrage | Speculation | Twitter Space | Points Transfer Tricks
  • ✋ Then rumour mills started about devaulation being on hold
  • 🔗 Official links of devaulation PDF started popping but "Darling of Cards" was missing
  • 🔌 Axis pulled the plug and links started showing "404 - Not Found" except for unlucky Flipkart card
  • 💣 BOMB - Axis Gift Edge devaulation
  • 📩 Mass credit card cancellation and notice seeking clarification regarding commercial transactions
  • 📉 Official PDF of Magnus and Reserve released
  • 📉 Official PDF of MyZone, Privilege, Select and Ace released

1. Flipkart - https://axisbank.com/docs/default-s...flipkart-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Below given links are not opening now as they have been removed. You may check attached PDFs.

2. Reserve - https://axisbank.com/docs/default-s...-reserve-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
3. Select - https://axisbank.com/docs/default-s...k-select-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
4. Privilege - https://axisbank.com/docs/default-s...rivilege-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
5. MyZone - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defau...-my-zone-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf

By following the format, it is quite easy to create Magnus link, which could be https://axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/credit-cards/axis-bank-magnus-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Attachments

• 20230708_140407.jpg
    20230708_140407.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 6,279
  • Screenshot_2023_0708_173519.jpg
    Screenshot_2023_0708_173519.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 3,252
  • axis-bank-flipkart-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    67.7 KB · Views: 26
  • axis-bank-my-zone-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    114.8 KB · Views: 30
  • axis-bank-reserve-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    151.3 KB · Views: 41
  • axis-bank-privilege-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    114.3 KB · Views: 23
  • axis-bank-select-credit-card-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    161.1 KB · Views: 21
  • mgtc.pdf
    293.3 KB · Views: 18
  • rstc.pdf
    135.2 KB · Views: 16
  • axis-bank-miles-rewards-transfer-terms-and-conditions.pdf
    494 KB · Views: 5
  • actc.pdf
    67.3 KB · Views: 7
  • mztc.pdf
    116.2 KB · Views: 7
  • pvtc.pdf
    115 KB · Views: 5
  • sltc.pdf
    161.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Warlock27

TF Select
Does anyone know the validity of Turkish miles and JAL miles? And how do we increase the validity (is it similar to Accor?)?
Want to park my points in one of these airlines.

ankurarora898

TF Select
I'm using neu infinity for utility bill payment along with SBI Cashback+ Apay combo. So didn't needed ace. Most other spends were diverted to magnus for monthly milestone ( which no longer applies ) .

Limit on my ace was 1.5 L compared to 5.1 L on my other 3 axis cards and they were not ready to increase it.

Closed ace to get samsung infinite with 5.1 L limit . Will upgrade ( rather downgrade ) it to Ace card.

As I've burgundy account , I'm waiting with my magnus till it's renewal in jan next year to see if they waive the renewal fee.
You had 4 axis cards? Heard axis doesn't issue 4th one.Asking because I have applied for the fourth one too

realSP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does anyone know the validity of Turkish miles and JAL miles? And how do we increase the validity (is it similar to Accor?)?
Want to park my points in one of these airlines.
Turkish and JAL both got 36 months of validity from the date you earned the miles(Date it got credited to membership account) For Turkish miles you can extend for another 3 years which you have to pay very expensive fees of $10 for every 1000 miles. For JAL i think extend is not possible. (can anyone correct me)

K.R

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi folks

This is little off topic from Magnus. Can some one confirm/comment on Krisflyer Miles. Suppose I bookd 3 Tickets including me and my family ( PNR no is same), only my miles will be credited to my Krisflyer account and not for the whole family. For Family members I have to share their Krisflyer no so that their miles will be credited into their accounts. The concept of Nominee in Krisflyer is only while booking a flight the Miles of the main member can be used to book tickets for the nominee as well provided the main member is also travelling.
I was thinking that If I book the tickets ( including me) and my family is added under my name then entire miles will be credited to my account. This is not true as per Krisflyer customer care.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi folks

This is little off topic from Magnus. Can some one confirm/comment on Krisflyer Miles. Suppose I bookd 3 Tickets including me and my family ( PNR no is same), only my miles will be credited to my Krisflyer account and not for the whole family. For Family members I have to share their Krisflyer no so that their miles will be credited into their accounts. The concept of Nominee in Krisflyer is only while booking a flight the Miles of the main member can be used to book tickets for the nominee as well provided the main member is also travelling.
I was thinking that If I book the tickets ( including me) and my family is added under my name then entire miles will be credited to my account. This is not true as per Krisflyer customer care.
Check this thread

rockysindona

TF Buzz
Hey, can anyone please help as 1st September is approaching soon, i have some ER left from magnus after transferring some to Mariott Bonvoy, would like to know if I want to transfer to any airline partner, can i open a new account with them right now for eg Aeroplan or flying blue and be able to transfer points right away? Or is there some existing waiting period since I last week transferred points to bonvoy, although I had linked the bonvoy account more than 3 months back?

K.R

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Check this thread

Thanks Thanix. I had gone through the tread. My question is not covered in the thread...:-(😒. But now I have posted the same query there as well..hopefully someone knows😊

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks Thanix. I had gone through the tread. My question is not covered in the thread...:-(
Miles is per passenger and not the person who books even if he books for family in a single PNR. So miles will get credited to their respective FF number. This can be done anytime.

Emirates allows family group to be created with contribution definition from each member. So you can pool the miles together and consume it.

However, Singapore Airlines does not allow Family miles concept, AFAIK.

Reactions: K.R

saketreddy

TF Premier
Hi folks

The final interpretation here would be that accrual of miles happens individually (u can link your child's account and pool points).

Redemption can be done for any nominees.

The customer care is correct.

Reactions: K.R

K.R

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey, can anyone please help as 1st September is approaching soon, i have some ER left from magnus after transferring some to Mariott Bonvoy, would like to know if I want to transfer to any airline partner, can i open a new account with them right now for eg Aeroplan or flying blue and be able to transfer points right away? Or is there some existing waiting period since I last week transferred points to bonvoy, although I had linked the bonvoy account more than 3 months back?
Yes you can open now and transfer right away . Select the airline based on your area of frequent travel and just open an account. In anycase opening is free so no harm in opening account in all the frequent flyer programs :cool:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
The concept of Nominee in Krisflyer is only while booking a flight the Miles of the main member can be used to book tickets for the nominee as well provided the main member is also travelling.
Are u sure that main member has to travel alongside? I always thought it's like vistara and u can book for others without travelling urself. The limit on number of nominee and nominee change fee is already a big drawback.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Correct. You will only recieve the miles that belongs to you. For each nominee you can create their own accounts and use those Frequest flyer number during web-checkin or during retro claim.
It's is not possible to claim their miles for your account even though they are registered as nominees.
I don't think this is possible in any airline.

rockysindona

TF Buzz
Yes you can open now and transfer right away . Select the airline based on your area of frequent travel and just open an account. In anycase opening is free so no harm in opening account in all the frequent flyer programs :cool:
But isn't there like a 60 day period or something like that between linking partners on the axis portal and transferring the edge reward points?

A digress as I couldn't find a thread. I recently used Magnus for payments outside India. All my spends have been charged forex markup of 2 pct + GST, my hotel bill payment of Rs.52k has for some reasons been classified as Rent payment.

Good part: charged rent charges of 1pct + GST instead of forex charges of 2pct + GST, hence savings of Rs 520 + GST.

Bad part: ER capped at 3000 at it's been classified as a rent pay. But doesn't make a big difference as I lose out on only 120 miles for the capping and will not get 10 pct extra ER for international spends as per an ongoing offer. So total loss of ER is 420.

Given the above, I don't want to take up with CC for correction. Any other views?

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
A digress as I couldn't find a thread. I recently used Magnus for payments outside India. All my spends have been charged forex markup of 2 pct + GST, my hotel bill payment of Rs.52k has for some reasons been classified as Rent payment.

Good part: charged rent charges of 1pct + GST instead of forex charges of 2pct + GST, hence savings of Rs 520 + GST.

Bad part: ER capped at 3000 at it's been classified as a rent pay. But doesn't make a big difference as I lose out on only 120 miles for the capping and will not get 10 pct extra ER for international spends as per an ongoing offer. So total loss of ER is 420.

Given the above, I don't want to take up with CC for correction. Any other views?
No correction will be done.
Your hotel classified itself under rent mcc for some reason
So it will be considered as rent