• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Maldives Trip suggestion

SuperKnight

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am planning a trip to Maldives later this year Nov or Dec. I have a good amount of Accor Pts (1.5L) and Marriott Bonvoy Points (1.1L), Please suggest a good way to get the hotel rooms. All I am getting are room-exclusive rates, food is very costly there, and even higher if I tried to buy half-board/full-board options separately. Also, they are asking for seaplane transfers which if included does not make sense to stay via points at these hotels. I am planning to stay for three nights.

I am planning a trip to Maldives later this year Nov or Dec. I have a good amount of Accor Pts (1.5L) and Marriott Bonvoy Points (1.1L), Please suggest a good way to get the hotel rooms. All I am getting are room-exclusive rates, food is very costly there, and even higher if I tried to buy half-board/full-board options separately. Also, they are asking for seaplane transfers which if included does not make sense to stay via points at these hotels. I am planning to stay for three nights.
Maldives never made sense for Points booking. If Points booking is a priority, change the destination. If destination is the priority, go for complete Cash booking of some standalone Property instead of Accor or Marriott Bonvoy Properties.

Calculate the total price on cash booking.

Calculate the total price you need to pay along with the points.

Difference/Total point used = Value that you're okay with spending points on.

Then do the points booking! If the value is lesser than what you would spend points on, then do the cash booking. 🙂

Actually have 57K CV points (Vistara) too, so I am thinking of utilizing them. I don't want to shell much out of my pocket. Any suggestions to use both flight + hotel optimally?

I feel you are going there at the wrong time, if you intend to visit just to burn your points. October-March is the season to visit maldives, and the rates would be on the higher side. December specially would be on the peak pricing period. Plan for off season period like June to August for the best redemption on points. If you still wish to visit by nov-dec, I would recommend to pay using cash and not waste points. And try and book packages through a travel operator. They would have all inclusive deals and a good set of resorts.
I had tried desperately last year to plan a vacation last December in Maldives and failed. Instead I went to Sri Lanka. They also have a couple of great properties by Marriott.

Angry Who Are You GIF by Bombay Softwares
Mal di ves

Back