• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Marriage certificate update

Gautham

TF Premier
Can anyone please advise me on the below:
I recently did marriage registration and got the marriage certificate few days ago. we did registration by both Hindu Act and Tamilnadu Marriage registration act.
In Hindu Registration document, they mistakenly put me as NRI residing in a foreign country temporarily. I know this will be a big problem if i ever try to get H1B visa.
So my question is how to correct this info? Or do I need to do the marriage registration again?

Can anyone please advise me on the below:
I recently did marriage registration and got the marriage certificate few days ago. we did registration by both Hindu Act and Tamilnadu Marriage registration act.
In Hindu Registration document, they mistakenly put me as NRI residing in a foreign country temporarily. I know this will be a big problem if i ever try to get H1B visa.
So my question is how to correct this info? Or do I need to do the marriage registration again?
you have to do it again. Go the Tasildar office.. and speak to a broker.. he will only tell you how it can be resolved.

you have to do it again. Go the Tasildar office.. and speak to a broker.. he will only tell you how it can be resolved.
thank you. we were asked to do it again. I am wondering why it can't be just updated?!

One more question. Is address in the marriage certificate have to be correct? I dont have my updated aadhar card with latest address. so just gave my old aadhar card. now the marriage certificate has old address. this shouldn't be a problem right?

now the marriage certificate has old address. this shouldn't be a problem right?
Is not really a problem . Because marriage certificate is not to certify your residence but your relationship.
The Simpsons Cartoon GIF

n Hindu Registration document, they mistakenly put me as NRI residing in a foreign country temporarily.
Not sure, why that was even required to be mentioned.
do I need to do the marriage registration again?
Always keep docs accurate & updated. You never know when & where, it may become problematic and become critical

MC is to establish relationship and not as address proof or nationality; but our policy makers often don't do, what seems to be logical.
Don't take chances, get it fixed.

Peace of mind, is worth the effort & expense now

sorry one more question. the state marriage certificate is in local language (Tamil). is this fine? or needs to be in english?
It's should not be a problem,However if you submit it for a Visa application, The Embassy/ Consulate may ask for a notarized translation

Why? 🤔 (and 3 words)
Because continuation of generation is one of the fundamental reason to be alive.
That's what society is for to protect your own from predator

Now we are in modern society lacking more progeny because type of danger has gone down
People get treated with medicine

Back