• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Marriott Bonvoy 40% more points on buying

faraaz303

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Received an e-mail from Marriott stating 40% more points on buying 2k worth of points or more. Bought 11000 inr worth of points using Amex Plat 1006. Billed in USD so 3x points as well.
Anyone else got this?

Received an e-mail from Marriott stating 40% more points on buying 2k worth of points or more. Bought 11000 inr worth of points using Amex Plat 1006. Billed in USD so 3x points as well.
Anyone else got this?

I also received the email. How did you get 3x points?

If we even purchase points what would be the further application
I am travelling to Thailand this July end so can I transfer my points to krisflyer ? And would it be beneficial ?

Haha of course Marriott. What I meant was which properties (except maldives) is it best to spend on so that we can derive most value out of it.

Thanks!

Anyone else got this?
But feeling worthy the yearly once Amex initiated offers of 30% additional points if we transfer within the said period
Those who are in urgent need of points can use this 40% extra purchase option

The best i have found till now is Fairfield in Jodhpur and sometimes Updaipur.

1 night in points - 6k
1 night in INR - 5k

So 1 point ~ ₹0.8
Isn’t that a low value for a point to be considered as good? Reading and researching online I’ve generally seen most people mention its better to use points when you’re getting a value more than 1Re. If its less than that better to pay Cash and use the points for a better time. Generally within Mumbai/Pune ive seen the value of points range from 1.1-1.6Rs. Of course it depends on the specific day chosen and the demand.

Isn’t that a low value for a point to be considered as good? Reading and researching online I’ve generally seen most people mention its better to use points when you’re getting a value more than 1Re. If its less than that better to pay Cash and use the points for a better time. Generally within Mumbai/Pune ive seen the value of points range from 1.1-1.6Rs. Of course it depends on the specific day chosen and the demand.
I agree. Can be better in many properties.
Usually about 1-1.2.

Maldives gives the maximum at 2-3rs per mb points but then bigger redemptions are required and extra transportation cost for seaplanes etc

Last edited:
Purchased points with 3x multiplier as an international trip would be due in few months.

Also this is my first interaction with the community, looking forward to knowing and learning from you guys more.

Back