• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Messed up cibil score.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Screenshot_20240513-075438_OneScore.jpg
I made a mistake by borrowing money through the Slice app. My friend borrowed 25k under my name and didn't make the payments on time. How much days it would take to get atleast 700score☹️. Loan has been cleared now(a week ago)
will take time upto a year as well.. provided no more misses and timely payments of existing loans /cc.. dont apply for anything for atleast 1 yr.. sorry.. its true..

Last edited:

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I made a mistake by borrowing money through the Slice app. My friend borrowed 25k under my name and didn't make the payments on time. How much days it would take to get atleast 700score☹️. Loan has been cleared now(a week ago)
If your friend didn't pay the EMI on time, it was your responsibility to pay the EMI from your own money, then ask the friend later.

As everyone said, it'll take a long time, maybe a year or more, to recover. But sadly, your loan and credit card approval chances will still be very low even after your score recovers.

shash5252

TF Buzz
If your friend didn't pay the EMI on time, it was your responsibility to pay the EMI from your own money, then ask the friend later.

As everyone said, it'll take a long time, maybe a year or more, to recover. But sadly, your loan and credit card approval chances will still be very low even after your score recovers.
If I manage to boost my score to 700 or higher, would I still not qualify for at least an entry-level credit card like the Millenia or will the chances of approval will be decreased?

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If I manage to boost my score to 700 or higher, would I still not qualify for at least an entry-level credit card like the Millenia or will the chances of approval will be decreased?
Usually, once you get a late payment on your CIBIL, banks hesitate to approve a loan or credit card without income proof.

But if you do have income proof, you'll get it without any issues.

By the way, how many loans or cards do you currently have running?

shash5252

TF Buzz
Usually, once you get a late payment on your CIBIL, banks hesitate to approve a loan or credit card without income proof.

But if you do have income proof, you'll get it without any issues.

By the way, how many loans or cards do you currently have running?
At the moment, I don't have any outstanding loans orcredit cards.

newinnov

TF Premier
Since when millennia is an entry level card?
If you want card, take a secured card as soon as possible, sparing 10k-25k for FD is not very difficult, you are earning interest anyway!

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I assume there are many other ways if one try to get short term loan without giving others chance to destroy your cibil even if it's unintentionally. It's a learning lesson for you.

Even if it improves after considerable amount of time, some banks will hesitate to give credit cards or loans. Even if they give loan, interest will be much higher for you as per your cibil.

If you have good salary, then you should not have much issue.

Just wait for 6 month & then try to get credit card through secure FD.

shash5252

TF Buzz
Exactly even I don't have an HDFC Millennia card🥲 with 785 CIBIL, 17 Active Cards, zero late payments & 350+ on-time payments.
Since when millennia is an entry level card?
If you want card, take a secured card as soon as possible, sparing 10k-25k for FD is not very difficult, you are earning interest anyway!
Cards ke baare me toh i'dont have much idea😅.
Regarding the fd based card Should I consider applying for HDFC Freedom card (ss attached)?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240513-105639_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240513-105639_Chrome.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 21

shash5252

TF Buzz
I assume there are many other ways if one try to get short term loan without giving others chance to destroy your cibil even if it's unintentionally. It's a learning lesson for you.

Even if it improves after considerable amount of time, some banks will hesitate to give credit cards or loans. Even if they give loan, interest will be much higher for you as per your cibil.

If you have good salary, then you should not have much issue.

Just wait for 6 month & then try to get credit card through secure FD.
Understood!
It seems like a wise decision to wait for Slice to update their reporting to CIBIL before proceeding with obtaining an FD-based card.