• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Missed Payment alert by Amex despite payment a week ago.

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi guys

Received missed payment alert by Amex for this month. It seems strange since
- I have paid the bill long back and it is reflected in the amex app too.
- I have received it for the first time. So not an usual email.

1000110959.jpg
I have then checked with amex support and got confirmation that there is no issue.
Anyways...any experience on this? Is this a new trend or it comes for everyone as a reminder?

saurabhduasd

TF Select
Which way you made the payment ? Some methods take time for Amex to reconcile the payment and reflect it in the app and if due date gets in between the recon process , this gets flagged to alerting system . The recon finishes later with correct payment date but by then the alert is already triggered internally , even if mail omes after few days. Mostly it's issue due to weekends

BeingIncog

TF Ace
Hi guys

Received missed payment alert by Amex for this month. It seems strange since
- I have paid the bill long back and it is reflected in the amex app too.
- I have received it for the first time. So not an usual email.

1000110959.jpg
I have then checked with amex support and got confirmation that there is no issue.
Anyways...any experience on this? Is this a new trend or it comes for everyone as a reminder?
who's sender ?

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Which way you made the payment ? Some methods take time for Amex to reconcile the payment and reflect it in the app and if due date gets in between the recon process , this gets flagged to alerting system . The recon finishes later with correct payment date but by then the alert is already triggered internally , even if mail omes after few days. Mostly it's issue due to weekends
Well I mentioned that the payment was duly acknowledged by amex through sms and it is reflecting in the app and website against my card. And it was done long before due date. So may be not this issue.

I was actually wondering since I have got such an email for the first time.