• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobikwik reinvested P2P lenders' money without their consent

I invested 9L of my father also….He don’t know about it where I invested…

If i tell him, first he killed me….
He is a farmer, that 9L is the saving from 5 year deposits of him….there last mistake is that he trusted me…
relax.. u will get ur money.. everyone will.. it hasn't defaulted.. Just some change in tnc.. don't over react... Your money is safe for now.. just withdrawals are different

Last edited:
I invested 9L of my father also….He don’t know about it where I invested…

If i tell him, first he killed me….
He is a farmer, that 9L is the saving from 5 year deposits of him….there last mistake is that he trusted me…
Bro don't invest this big amount in such high risk places.
Lending always have high risk because of defaulters.
Always go for mutual funds and stocks.

I am still wondering why there is no financial penalty imposed on Lendbox yet (the NBFC which violated RBI guidelines) by RBI. Customers should file complaint against Lendbox and not mobikwik (equally responsible for misleading though) with RBI, since the main funds allocation and loan disbursal was done by Lendbox.

I am still wondering why there is no financial penalty imposed on Lendbox yet (the NBFC which violated RBI guidelines) by RBI. Customers should file complaint against Lendbox and not mobikwik (equally responsible for misleading though) with RBI, since the main funds allocation and loan disbursal was done by Lendbox.
why will they be reprimanded.. they were giving additional facility to customers where they should not.. So its the other way round.. they were more open than they should be..they were NOT supposed to give anytime withdrawal... and expose everyone to the real risk of p2p..expect p2p interest to GO Up :) with higher risk

why will they be reprimanded.. they were giving additional facility to customers where they should not.. So its the other way round.. they were more open than they should be..they were NOT supposed to give anytime withdrawal... and expose everyone to the real risk of p2p..expect p2p interest to GO Up :) with higher risk
Because they mislead the facts of p2p. The customer base would have been smaller if they would have followed the actual guidelines from the start. They hid the facts (regarding withdrawal rules and borrower allocation by choice) so that more people would invest in it and they get more profits.

Last edited:
relax.. u will get ur money.. everyone will.. it hasn't defaulted.. Just some change in tnc.. don't over react... Your money is safe for now.. just withdrawals are different
They should notify me through mail/sms that RBI guidelines are changing so that I can’t withdraw my money from that date…

They send mail on 3rd September when my money was already stuck..( they should inform me earlier)

I am not aware of it till 3rd September,when i see mail on 3rd September, then go for withdrawal but they already trapped me..

From 15 August to 30 August, i am used limited internet & not reading news & not active on forum & that is my biggest mistake of my life..

Last edited:
Because they mislead the facts of p2p. The customer base would have been smaller if they would have followed the actual guidelines from the start. They hid the facts (regarding withdrawal rules and borrower allocation by choice) so that more people would invest in it and they get more profits.
Even the borrower list which they had provided earlier seemed shady. Many repeated names, very common names, same first name and last name etc.

Those who want to complain ,follow this :

👉
Step-1: Contact customer care and ask for resolution. If you are not satisfied with the solution then follow Step-2

👉
Step-2: Raise a grievance to Banks or NBFCs’ own Grievance Cell. If you are not satisfied with the solution then follow Step-3

👉
Step-3: Raise complaint with RBI Ombudsman

✳️
Reach Banks/NBFCs/Wallets Grievance Cells through following

👉
Links to raise complaints or grievances with Banks: https://m.rbi.org.in/Scripts/ComplaintBank.aspx

👉
Links to raise complaints or grievances with NBFCs: https://m.rbi.org.in/Scripts/ComplaintNBFC.aspx

👉
Links to raise complaints or grievances with Prepaid Payment Instruments or Wallets like Amazon Pay, PhonePe, PayTM etc https://m.rbi.org.in/Scripts/ComplaintPPI.aspx

✳️
RBI Ombudsman: Link to raise Online Complaint against any RBI regulated entity like Banks, NBFCs, Wallets etc: https://cms.rbi.org.in/cms/indexpage.html#eng

✳️
RBI Ombudsman Scheme: Know your rights to raise complaints against RBI regulated financial companies. Also download Physical Complaint Form: https://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/content/pdfs/RBIOS2021_amendments05082022.pdf

✳️
Addresses of physical offices of RBI Ombudsman in 24 cities to raise complaints offline: https://m.rbi.org.in/Scripts/AboutUsDisplay.aspx?pg=BankingOmbudsmen.htm

Mobikwik replied Lendbox stopped withdrawal because they are incorporating changes in the system according to RBI guidelines. Lendbox replied they will provide withdrawal option after few days.

Now come to RBI guidelines, it is clearly written that borrowers should be approved by lenders.
We have invested in flexi plan with anytime withdrawal option and now that contract between Lendbox & investors need agreement of both parties to incorporate any changes.
One party can't change any agreed terms without consent of other.

My 6.75 lakh was invested in Xtra and I am waiting for Sep 12th. I needed the amount for some payments and not getting this amount means going for a loan. I didn't expect this would happen.

Total around 17 lakhs of my family in their respective accounts including my own 2 lakhs is currently invested in Mobikwik Xtra. Waiting for 12th Sept'24.
Daaamn bro. Here I thought I am the only unlucky guy here with such massive investment on Mobikwik Xtra.
Feels better to not be on this boat alone.

So are you in panic mode or relaxed mode right now?

Giving benefit of doubt to Mobikwik, they are probably arranging liquidity to facilitate the high volumes of withdrawals expected to happen.

P2P lending has seriously been bastardized by Fintechs by mis-seling it as an easy safe way to earn 12%

Back