• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobile recharge price hike by 25% - (just a hunch/speculation it not hiked yet or may never hiked as much as 25%)

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Bro do you think, Ynlimited 5g with existing 4G base plan will continue when 5G plan will be launched in coming days?

See, if you are a very keen observer, you would have noted this point from my screen shot...

Both calling features and 5G unlimited data are valid until 24 March 2026 .... check this out...

but they will introduce some sort of limits later ...
but the amount we paid for 4g will be valid for 5g data also ...

1716040181470.png

Last edited:

#aniket

TF Ace
Naughty Naughty :D
No they will stop it obviously, like they introduced capping of 300gb per month to avoid business use
But it's clearly mentioned that the validity of unlimited 5G plan is same as 4G plan, then how can they stop one day with retrospective effect, because now plan are advertised with unlimited 5G as one of the feature.

#aniket

TF Ace
Z
See, if you are a very keen observer, you would have noted this point from my screen shot...

Both calling features and 5G unlimited data are valid until 24 March 2026 .... check this out...

1716040181470.png
Yes bro, I am aware about this. Thank You. See, I have commented same but don't know anything can happen.

Hope for the best, hoping, it will have prospective effect.

newinnov

TF Premier
But it's clearly mentioned that the validity of unlimited 5G plan is same as 4G plan, then how can they stop one day with retrospective effect, because now plan are advertised with unlimited 5G as one of the feature.
t&c has fair usage policy
What is fair? that is upto operator to define :)

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Z

Yes bro, I am aware about this. Thank You. See, I have commented same but don't know anything can happen.

Hope for the best, hoping, it will have prospective effect.
It will , the point is they already got money from us... and they will need to decommission 4g equipment.. and hence had to provide 5g only
dont worry... they cant maintain all these different kinds of equipements forever simultaneously

#aniket

TF Ace
H

1716040181470.png
Your recharge is not in queue, it seems it has activated already that's why there's 2 years validity, right?

Or there's 2 years plan with Airtel?

In jio, after doing additional recharge when existing recharge is active, it remains in queue, it gets activated after the expiry, unless if it's not manually activated. In case of manual activation, validity doesn't get extended by getting added with existing plan, validity is counted from the activation date but not after the expiry of existing old plan.

Kindly explain this scene bro.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
H

Your recharge is not in queue, it seems it has activated already that's why there's 2 years validity, right?

In jio, after doing additional recharge when existing recharge is active, it remains in queue, it gets activated after the expiry, unless if it's not manually activated. In case of manual activation, validity doesn't get extended by getting added with existing plan, validity is counted from the activation date but not after the expiry of existing old plan.

There is only one year plan max..
It is queued up but, because it is of same denomination, it is showing the total validity

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
H

yes airtel seems to activate it instantly and extend the validity based on this - https://www.airtel.in/terms-conditions/prepaidvouchers

#aniket

TF Ace
It is queued up but, because it is of same denomination, it is showing the total validity
Does this work with Jio also, anyone here can confirm the same?

I don't think it works on Jio also. 🥲

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i dont think there is an option of manual activation without extending the validity like jio.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes, Now I have some clarity. But I still suggest you to make a wiki thread for all 3 operators :)

I will explain a bit more..
Taking the SS from the Airtel website:

1716040812617.png

Explanation:

Group A:
  • MRP 155, 179, 199, 289, 296, 455, 489, 509, 1799 which offer unlimited voice with fixed Data are accretive only on the same individual price point i.e when current and subsequent recharges are done with same MRP.
In this group A,
stacking is allowed only on the same plan... i.e. if our current plan is 1799, then we can only stack up using 1799..
While we are on 1799, if we recharge with any other plan other than 1799 then all our current validity gone down the drain and the new plan kicks in immediately .....
So , people need to be very careful who are on one of the above plans.. they must recharge with the same plan to get stack up feature kick in..

Group B:

• MRPs 209, 239, 265, 299, 319, 359, 399, 479, 499, 519, 549, 666, 699, 719, 779, 839, 869, 999, 1499, 2999, 3359 which offer unlimited voice with daily Data are accretive within this defined group of MRPs which offer Daily data benefits.
In this Group B, we can stack up using any other plan which has the feature of "Daily Data Limits".. so it seems we can mix and match and they will stack up on top of another...

In all cases, total validity should not cross rolling 730 days...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
i dont think there is an option of manual activation without extending the validity like jio.
I dont know about this for sure.. But I do think there is no manual intervention in case of Airtel

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you attach screenshot where it's clearly mentioned that if same plan is recharged again before expiry, it get's activated instantly, extending the plan validity.
My bad. Maybe I was wrong. Last year I got the message saying it will be activated after current plan expiry. Today I just got that the validity is extended. Not sure when they activate it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240518_193449_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240518_193449_Messages.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 34