• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold MoneyBack to Regalia gold upgrade

Hi, I have been using the Hdfc MoneyBack Credit card for last 6 years which I have received as LTF with my salary account. Now I received an upgrade offer to paid Regalia Gold without LTF. I have called my RM to checked whether it's possible to get this card as LTF. But he said he can do FYF but not LTF. Along with this card, I'm currently holding Tata neu infinity as LTF. Please suggest me some approach to get this card as LTF,since I may not be spending 4l to get fee waiver.
FYI - 6 years relationship with HDFC salary account, preferred banking, 2 FDs. Maintaining good Average monthly balance.

Regalia gold is a stepping stone to Infinia/DCB Metal. Its milestones rewards aren't bad too and you get domestic+international lounge access for your add-ons.
The smartbuy points boost is pretty good too.
I would take FYF since HDFC will almost always convert your card to LTF after you use it enough.
I dont think, Infinia or any card will beat the combination of Axis ace + Sbi cB.

I also felt when I see some influencers bogs/videos. They are not at all worth (unless you travel every day by flight that too on office work and paid by office).

Infinia gives you 16% reward on flight bookings and around 30% reward points on hotel bookings. HDFC is least troublesome bank (they don't block your card asking for spend receipts, customer support is really good, not shady etc)

A lot of misinformation etc. in this thread. If Infinia or regalia gold doesn't suit your personal use case then that's fine. But don't give wrong advice to others.

Did you contact them for LTF? What's your spending pattern on your old card?
I haven't contacted them for anything, As I told earlier, 4 months back they offered me Regalia Gold FYF, but i didn't took it, after a month they removed offer for 10 days and again came with same offer Regalia Gold FYF. It was there till 10 days back and gone,

Yesterday I saw the LTF offer for Regalia Gold and I upgraded it.

My usage is minimal, Max I use it for 1 lac for the whole year not more than that.

Spending is general, like shopping(cloths), recharges etc

Infinia gives you 16% reward on flight bookings and around 30% reward points on hotel bookings. HDFC is least troublesome bank (they don't block your card asking for spend receipts, customer support is really good, not shady etc)

A lot of misinformation etc. in this thread. If Infinia or regalia gold doesn't suit your personal use case then that's fine. But don't give wrong advice to others.
Are you sure....

What makes you to think that other people don't travel and are less privileged than you?

Give me example how much one will save using the above card.

1)How many times you fly everyday/every week/every month
2)How much you spend on that card for travel everyday/every week/every month ?
3)Assuming you use hdfcsmartbuy portal, do they charge MRP or discounted price? Can't we get the same for lesser price elsewhere?

Back