• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

More Domestic Lounge acceptability: Visa, MC or Rupay?

Lord

TF Buzz
Recently, my SBI Elite Mastercard world credit card was rejected for airport lounge access at Meghalaya Airport, Saying we accept Visa Only.
I already have a lot of Mastercard world cards. Hence, considered converting this one to Rupay Select or Visa Signature Variant.

Please help me decide which is better, provided my priority is Maximum Domestic Lounge Acceptability.

Also, share any other benefits from the Network provider that I should know about. (except that rupay can be used for UPI).

Visa is best for all over the world and features. Only it lacks upi. Sometimes you can't purchase through emi using rupay credit card and sometimes merchant charges extra for using mastercard. But mastercard at lounge refunds 25 rs but visa don't 2 rs.

Thank you so much... Although, ya, those 2rs don't matter as long as I can enter. So according to you... the card network with the most domestic lounge acceptability is Visa?

Recently, my SBI Elite Mastercard world credit card was rejected for airport lounge access at Meghalaya Airport, Saying we accept Visa Only.
I already have a lot of Mastercard world cards. Hence, considered converting this one to Rupay Select or Visa Signature Variant.

Please help me decide which is better, provided my priority is Maximum Domestic Lounge Acceptability.

Also, share any other benefits from the Network provider that I should know about. (except that rupay can be used for UPI).
You can have both combinations. Some lounges are now opening exclusively for Rupay CC Holders. I prefer Visa because I can easily add my cards to the DF website and check whether the lounge is present. All rupay cards can't be added to the DF website. Also, new Indian lounges are updated on Rupay cards fast.
Rupay Card Supported Lounges Check if all the Lounges you generally visit are covered with Rupay or Visa based on that and your usage take the card. If you already have a Rupay UPI card then go with Visa.

Back