• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Most trusted bank for a savings account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Which bank do you trust the most for all of your transactions, with good servers, good customer support, and where you can park all your savings without worrying?

My primary account is with Fi Infinite. This account has been very beneficial for me, as I am earning 1K every month from it. However, I am a little resistant to having all my transactions and money there.

Due to many recent cases of Fi accounts being frozen and the recent charges announcement from Federal Bank, I am planning to try another bank. Up to a 50K average monthly balance is okay for me.

Share your best & worst experiences.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
not just that.. they have no respect for customers ...
In any field customer is like God , whether we like them or not...
These guys are not professional at all... no standards.. no consistency...
Consistency is key here , whether good or bad... then according to our tastes we can decide ..

For example:
HDFC has got some standard way of functioning.. same as ICICI ... and even IndusInd has some standard practices in what they offer..

where as 🪓 has no consistency in their offerings and servicess.
I guess ...having no style of functiong is their style of functioning.. with these sort of guys it is hard to manage our fianances !! is what I feel..
By the way, if we keep aside everything else, which PSU bank offers the best customer support?
Let's exclude branch experiences since they vary from city to city.
I'm talking about online customer support channels like calls, emails, and nodal officers.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
By the way, if we keep aside everything else, which PSU bank offers the best customer support?
Let's exclude branch experiences since they vary from city to city.
I'm talking about online customer support channels like calls, emails, and nodal officers.
Sbi and bob are leading govt banks.
I think both are okay from what I read...
My man @plastikman will let you know about his experience with Canara Bank...

BTW I have no PSU experience except for SBI CB card

dvader

TF Premier
Everytime there is a thread comparing banks or choosing the best one, it ends up like this. The bottom line is none of them are. If you a salaried person, you will mostly be living a digital life (in terms of banking) and all looks mostly ok.

The entire system seems f**ed up if you have a kirana shop, small business, retail outlet etc etc. Not those big fancy franchises, but your shop next door. Or try going to branch for getting something done. Getting a ULIP or endowment plan shoved at you while all you wanted was to change the nominee details in your account is not at all pleasant. PSU's handing out loans to shitty and undeserved businesses while the legit businesses are paying high interest, reputed banks like SBI bundling insurance with savings account for unsuspecting customers to complete quota.....the list goes on.

I had to withdraw 2.5L of my own money (marriage in family) from my HDFC Salary account. I got an extra charge of 400 for that and I am a preferred customer. Now I got it reversed and while I do understand there are expenses involved in handling cash, what I don't understand is that the branch manager wasted 30 mins of my time trying to sell me ULIP while my cash was being arranged, but he couldn't inform me about the charges?. Eitherway, at this point in time, I have found a nice Indusind branch and it works for me (at least for now).

This thread should be locked cuz for every good review about a bank there would be atleast 10 people ready to burn that bank. cheers

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Time has come to close this thread.
I have answer for this thread in two words.
So mark my comment as solution and close the thread.

The best and trusted bank is 'ICICI BANK'
End...

Thanks
Everytime there is a thread comparing banks or choosing the best one, it ends up like this. The bottom line is none of them are. If you a salaried person, you will mostly be living a digital life (in terms of banking) and all looks mostly ok.

The entire system seems f**ed up if you have a kirana shop, small business, retail outlet etc etc. Not those big fancy franchises, but your shop next door. Or try going to branch for getting something done. Getting a ULIP or endowment plan shoved at you while all you wanted was to change the nominee details in your account is not at all pleasant. PSU's handing out loans to shitty and undeserved businesses while the legit businesses are paying high interest, reputed banks like SBI bundling insurance with savings account for unsuspecting customers to complete quota.....the list goes on.

I had to withdraw 2.5L of my own money (marriage in family) from my HDFC Salary account. I got an extra charge of 400 for that and I am a preferred customer. Now I got it reversed and while I do understand there are expenses involved in handling cash, what I don't understand is that the branch manager wasted 30 mins of my time trying to sell me ULIP while my cash was being arranged, he couldn't inform me about the charges?. Eitherway, at this point in time, I have found a nice Indusind branch and it works for me (at least for now).

This thread should be locked cuz for every good review about a bank there would be atleast 10 people ready to burn that bank. cheers

100 💯 agreed , this thread need to be closed.. agreed with both the views a long long time ago...

varun__goel_

TF Legend

I had to withdraw 2.5L of my own money (marriage in family) from my HDFC Salary account. I got an extra charge of 400 for that and I am a preferred customer. Now I got it reversed and while I do understand there are expenses involved in handling cash, what I don't understand is that the branch manager wasted 30 mins of my time trying to sell me ULIP while my cash was being arranged, he couldn't inform me about the charges?. Eitherway, at this point in time, I have found a nice Indusind branch and it works for me (at least for now).

That is why I said:-
What mainly matters is the branch you deal with. They can make your banking experience heaven as well as hell.

dvader

TF Premier
agar ye abi close ni hua to, kch hi der me 10 log axis ko gali deke jayege or ye thread wiki m move hojayega....fir sab log axis ko gali deke jayege.

Translation for non hindi bros:
If this thread is not closed now, within few hours axis will be shat on by 10 people, then it will be moved to wiki and thereafter axis will be shat on by everyone.

PS: F*#k Axis Bank

PS: F*#k Axis Bank Gently

changed my postscript on @SSV 's request

Last edited:

pothi

TF Ace
RML Group
Been with Axis for over a decade and have seen every issue.... RM changes every month or two. Visiting a branch for anything is a nightmare. Customer care talking illogical things.

Yet, each time I test out another leading bank, I go back to Axis. I can operate the SB account without the debit card. CC bills are settled instantly. NEFT always works. I can even schedule payments. I can switch the mobile number swiftly. I can have separate mobile number for SB account and CC. Grab deals always work. Even for Airtel CC, I got every penny (albeit with some delay). When you take the human interaction out of Axis, I'd consider it as the best bank that I have used so far.

Yet to test out DBS. I have been hearing a lot of good reviews about it.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Been with Axis for over a decade and have seen every issue.... RM changes every month or two. Visiting a branch for anything is a nightmare. Customer care talking illogical things.

Yet, each time I test out another leading bank, I go back to Axis. I can operate the SB account without the debit card. CC bills are settled instantly. NEFT always works. I can even schedule payments. I can switch the mobile number swiftly. I can have separate mobile number for SB account and CC. Grab deals always work. Even for Airtel CC, I got every penny (albeit with some delay). When you take the human interaction out of Axis, I'd consider it as the best bank that I have used so far.

Yet to test out DBS. I have been hearing a lot of good reviews about it.
Thats why if OP really really wants to test the waters, then
he could go with SBLBR first. as it has minimum interaction with human beings carrying 🪓 ..
He will be safe ...

mentioned this already here:

1715529686224.png

Last edited:

iampqq

TF Premier
Bank is not operated by single person in whole country
So it depends branch to branch .
Every bank has issues also it depends on you , in banks view they never want to loose customer so they will try to provide service, but employees sucks some times

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Actually as I mentioned before,
the title of the thread was "Most trusted Bank"
and OP discussed everything else except for that "Trust" part ,majority of the time
The most trusted bank, not solely in terms of the safety of the money, as money is safe in all banks up to 5 lakh. 🙂

What I meant by trust is:

1) Trust that the servers won't fail during important situations.

2) Trust that the account won't freeze. If it does freeze, it should be unfrozen within a few days by collecting documents via email without the need to visit branches multiple times or send letters to Chennai.

3) Trust that if you encounter any issues, they'll be resolved without causing you headaches.

4) I can't remember anything else at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.