• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

moving from demat to soa

I am planning to move my mutual funds from demat to SOA.
Did some research past couple of days and was almost ready to move to kuvera.
Now when I read about kuvera being acquired by Cred, does it make sense to move to kuvera? how is the future of kuvera looks like?

Why exactly you want to do this?
There is no harm keeping them in a Demat.

If you are moving from demat to SoA you don't really move to a particular platform - you should be able to access your units from kuvera / mfcentral / whatever.

Now when I read about kuvera being acquired by Cred, does it make sense to move to kuvera? how is the future of kuvera looks like?
If you are successful in rematerialising the Mutual Fund Units then the platform should not be a point to worry.

When you rematerialise from Demat to SOH(Statement of Holding) Format a new Folio gets created with the AMC(Asset Management Company) of that MF(Mutual Fund).

The units will be in Paper Format and will be available for all things we can do with it.(Loan against them/Put a lien)

You can always and should always contact the AMC and ask them about the units when converted. You will get much better support from the AMC once it has been converted.(Monthly Physical Factsheet/Capital Gain statement/Merging any two or more folios etc etc)

what's the motivation behind this?

Back