• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mrcc+plat travel rewards combination

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have amex platinum travel card with 50k points.
If take MRCC card now will the points of both cards combined?
Can I use the use points of plat travel for mrcc gold category redemption?

If anyone having both cards, please confirm

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
From what I read here, you need to choose MRCC during redemption of the commonly pooled points . This way you can consume plat travel points as well from the pooled points.

Selection of the CARD at the time of redemption is key here.. based on the selection the redemption options will appear, it seems
I got both the cards but haven’t redeemed the points yet

Last edited:

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have both the cards.
The points of Travel card can't be used for gold redemption on MRCC.
I have plat charge travel and mrcc
i got 1L points as Welcome bonus and redeemed all of them on all gold collection.

You should have added the card on card account and select mrcc or gold card if you create 2 different id then not possible

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have plat charge travel and mrcc
i got 1L points as Welcome bonus and redeemed all of them on all gold collection.

You should have added the card on card account and select mrcc or gold card if you create 2 different id then not possible
Won't the new card be added to old account automatically?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Explain pl.

Also I will be getting my first AmEx card soon, which should I apply for?
there are two types of earring MRs
1) individual MRs associated with respective card accounts
2) Pooled MRs Culbbed in one account irrespective of earnings origin of whichever account

In order to get , pooled MRs, it is perceived that we need to get either MRCC or gold as of first card…

While redemption, we need to choose say MRCC as base card , to use the pooled points for gold collection rewards there by we indirectly can utilise platinum travel points…

If you need further details about any of Amex cards or guidance in Amex application , DM me ..
I will guide you thru the entire application process

the_collector

TF Premier
Whats the likelihood that this is true?

Also do you feel that it can change in the future?
This isn't true.

I got my plat travel as my first amex card.

Then recently got MRCC.

Both the points are pooled in the same account.

The redemption will change based on which card you see it from. So if you're on plat travel and you try and redeem your points it won't show gold collection.

The only thing to note is, whicher card you get second, there is an option on amex app to add and activate card to account. Use this option only.

Yeat

TF Buzz
I have both MRCC and plat travel. Points are getting pooled and I can choose from whichever category I want to redeem points from.

I am planning to close plat travel card (as it's nearing 1 year). What will happen to points I have earned using plat travel?

Since points are getting pooled, so ideally they should remain, as MRCC will still be active. Is my thinking correct? 🤔

ALOAK

TF Ace
I have amex platinum travel card with 50k points.
If take MRCC card now will the points of both cards combined?
Can I use the use points of plat travel for mrcc gold category redemption?

If anyone having both cards, please confirm
Yes it will be common pool account