• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mumbai-Guwahati Award flight

Amit Dhatrak

TF Buzz
Hi TF folks,

I’m planning to Book Mumbai-Guwahati return flight during March last week and seeking your guidance on best award flights.

While checking on Skyscanner, it’s around Rs. 12700 for Vistara return flight, while the same one way through CV points on Vistara is 10,000 miles + Rs. 568

This gets me thinking whether award flight booking is not really a great idea and perhaps I should book directly. Requesting your guidance

My options/availability are Axis Magnus transfer partners, Axis Vistara infinite free tickets (2).

Thanks in advance.

sb210

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You are getting value of ~0.58 Rs per mile.. which i think is a good value. Value of mile increases closer to the date..

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
You are getting value of ~0.58 Rs per mile.. which i think is a good value. Value of mile increases closer to the date..
You should not compare value of miles from websites like sky scanner and all
You should always compare it with the price from the airlines website

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Always spend considering miles value of 0.5 rs. While using, if u get more than that consider that bonus.

More than 0.7 is difficult to get for economy class.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Found the same flight for 5.45k (with tax) on Yatra/MMT so value of each point is around 0.9
Do you not have any cards offering 15% discount on them😅? So you will be buying at that price, if u didn't had points, right?

For op, he would have bought it from Skyscanner or via some card discount, so value is less for him. It all depends on how much effort someone puts into finding cheap flights.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Could you elaborate a bit more? 😅
Bom-ccu 21st April one way is 5900 on cleartrip. With AUCC discount of 885 and convinience of 299, total comes to 5314. Reduce 50 supercoins and 66 card cashback, which makes it 5198.

On miles, u need to pay 515 taxes, so by paying 6000 miles, u are saving 4683 rupees and this comes to 0.78 miles per rs, which is good, but rare. Add cashkaro cashback of 120. Also, I normally try to get discounts in 20% range, which will make it close to 0.7 (still good).

In op's case, we don't know which date he is talking about. But he mentioned that he is getting a much better pricing in cash compared to miles. So on that date he is getting value of 0.58 as someone mentioned earlier here. (I didn't verify anything on that).

Last edited: