• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My brother has been brainwashed into believing that removing netflix autopay option from is savings account using phonepe will impact his Cibil Score.

So my brother is under the impression that if he closes his phonepe autopay feature for netflix then his CIBIlL score will decline. He doesn’t even have any credit card. Just a fully paid and closed education loan.

How do I explain to him that transactions on savings and salary account does not impact his CIBIL score.

I really don’t know. He has also recently closed a BNPL account and received his NOC as well. Now he has a savings account where the MAB is ₹25000. Which he cannot maintain because he has other accounts as well. Now I asked him to close that savings account. He won’t do that also. He says that what if it was linked to my closed BNPL account and closing that savings account impacts my CIBIL score (PS he has never used his bnpl account to purchase anything so he has no dues or anything and has received the NOC as well). Idk what to do with this guy
Axis bank Mai job dilwado sab Sikh jayega

Usko Patanjali products se door rakho. Sab theek ho jayega. 😜
He has gone paranoid. Samajh nahi ata kya karoon. 2 tarik ko usne bnpl bandh karaya and 7th ko NOC bhi agaya. Kabhi usne woh bnpl use bhi nahi kiya. Ab koi savings account bandh karne se kya relation hai usse Idk. He is saying ki BNPL registration ke time woh account use kiya that toh usko bandh karne se cibil gir jayega. Itna detail mein yeh sab faltu cheez kaun sochta hai yaar. Netflix ke alawa 4 spotify ke monthly autopay bhi hai uske woh bhi band karne se dar raha hai.

He has gone paranoid. Samajh nahi ata kya karoon. 2 tarik ko usne bnpl bandh karaya and 7th ko NOC bhi agaya. Kabhi usne woh bnpl use bhi nahi kiya. Ab koi savings account bandh karne se kya relation hai usse Idk. He is saying ki BNPL registration ke time woh account use kiya that toh usko bandh karne se cibil gir jayega. Itna detail mein yeh sab faltu cheez kaun sochta hai yaar. Netflix ke alawa 4 spotify ke monthly autopay bhi hai uske woh bhi band karne se dar raha hai.
BNPL close kar do. Loan close karne se improve hi hota hai CIBIL. Us logic se toh log kabhi apna education loan/home loan na close kare ki CIBIL gir jayega.

I really don’t know. He has also recently closed a BNPL account and received his NOC as well. Now he has a savings account where the MAB is ₹25000. Which he cannot maintain because he has other accounts as well. Now I asked him to close that savings account. He won’t do that also. He says that what if it was linked to my closed BNPL account and closing that savings account impacts my CIBIL score (PS he has never used his bnpl account to purchase anything so he has no dues or anything and has received the NOC as well). Idk what to do with this guy
Only this aspect( i.e. financial) he doesn't believe or some other aspects also??
Is he very clean person?? does he do / try to do everything perfect?

You didn't answer my questions. I didn't ask this to disrespect anyone.
This has significant impact on his general life. Believe me, he most likely require help.

If you do not want to discuss this further, please no need to respond to this post....
Either way, All the best.

Last edited:
Back