• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My experience with HDFC and Axis Bank

joshmas

TF Buzz
I hold a SB Max account with HDFC. I had applied for a credit card, but because of a mistake by their field agent, the card was rejected. I spoke to the customer support, and they asked me to send documents by post, which I did. It's been four months and there has been no response. What is the use of having a premium account when the bank does not give credit cards? My CIBIL score is 800, and except for the mistake by their agent, there was no other reason to deny the card. Reason mentioned is incorrect address. Actually the agent went to the wrong house and asked about me.

Compare that with Axis bank. I DO NOT hold a savings account with them. Even then they approved Vistara Infinite without documentation and gave Magnus as well. After six months of usage, they increased my limit by 700%.

I am thinking whats the use of having an account with HDFC, so planning to close it and moving to Axis bank premium account.

Open to your suggestions.

chandra.prakash

TF Premier
I hold a SB Max account with HDFC. I had applied for a credit card, but because of a mistake by their field agent, the card was rejected. I spoke to the customer support, and they asked me to send documents by post, which I did. It's been four months and there has been no response. What is the use of having a premium account when the bank does not give credit cards? My CIBIL score is 800, and except for the mistake by their agent, there was no other reason to deny the card. Reason mentioned is incorrect address. Actually the agent went to the wrong house and asked about me.

Compare that with Axis bank. I DO NOT hold a savings account with them. Even then they approved Vistara Infinite without documentation and gave Magnus as well. After six months of usage, they increased my limit by 700%.

I am thinking whats the use of having an account with HDFC, so planning to close it and moving to Axis bank premium account.

Right, i also closed my HDFC Account and holding also 3 credit card with axis Bank without any saving account in axis.

AJ-

TF Buzz

700% limit increase in 6 month is really great. may i know your spend patttern credit utilisation ratio every month?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge

From what limit to what limit did you get LE?

Patil007

TF Ace

Axis ke charges jyada he.

Don’t open account if axis is already giving you super premium credit cards.

Patil007

TF Ace
Same is mine,
HDFC is like keep Rs 25000 and mostly charges will be waived off and no need worry about any charge OR keep 200k and all charges waived off.
But in Axis, I don't have account with them but I checked on web, they even charge for downgrade from Burgundy and many other charges
Yes, Axis ke credit cards are best. But bank accounts Consolidated charges ke naam pe almost everything is chargeable.

joshmas

TF Buzz
700% limit increase in 6 month is really great. may i know your spend patttern credit utilisation ratio every month?
Yes, When I got, the limit was 50 thousand. Its been six months now(that's the rule with axis I guess, minimum six month statement should have been generated). I asked for LE and they increased it to 4 lakhs. I utilized 50% of the limit every month. What might have also helped is my magnus usage.

AJ-

TF Buzz
Yes, When I got, the limit was 50 thousand. Its been six months now(that's the rule with axis I guess, minimum six month statement should have been generated). I asked for LE and they increased it to 4 lakhs. I utilized 50% of the limit every month. What might have also helped is my magnus usage.
I got magnus and VI last month. my wife fk card is stuck with limit 59k for last 5 months. waiting for LE, if it is 4L than upgrade to magnus.

hideaway

TF Premier

That's your fault bro. You should have waited for the pre-approved offer.
Keep a good balance in the acct and should have waited for 2 to 3 months.

I also hold a Saving Max acct with HDFC. After a month of opening bank acct i asked in the bank for credit card. They told me to wait atleast for 3 months. you will get pre-approved offer. didnt want to apply manually.

Like they said exactly after 3 months i got a pre-approved offer of 3 cards (Regalia, DCP and one Indigo card) with 3L limit. My cibil was 782. No documents nothing. I selected Regalia and it was approved on the same day. On the 4th day i got my card delivered.

Nd regarding axis, if u r not opting for a premium acct with them stay away from them.
I hold a salary acct with them, even the DC has charges and the monthly there's a convenience charges or something.
Its a nightmare evenwith a salary acct in axis. I cant change the salary acct as acct was opened to me by the company. That's why holding back.

Earlier my acct was in SBI. That's another nightmare.
Overall am happy with HDFC. Only issue is the frequent calls from their bank employees to sell their product. Jst ignore them.